Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DETROIT - General Motors'sales soared 41 percent in June to their highest monthly total in nearly 19 years thanks to a promoted discount that allowed customers to buy cars and trucks at the employee rate, new sales figures showed on Friday.

In response, DaimlerChrysler's Chrysler Group said it will match GM starting July 6 with an employee discount program of its own. Despite falling sales, Ford declined to match GM on Friday.


Does this mean I will get a discount on my Charger?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
there would be no advantage 4 chrysler to do this on there 05 modles . our dealer fleet dept told me they wont no till gm exstends theres past jul 4 05.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Just wait until July 6th, or 5th for dealers, and you will find out for yourself.

And Jim383, why would there be no benefit to do this only on 05 models? It is being done to increase sales and clear out 05 inventory. Even on the 05 models, the LX cars, as well as SRT models, are excluded.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
tommy if your rit then yes it would benifit the 05 modles but most of them allready have good discounts on them but nothing like the ep discount. the only thing were worried about is our trucks we could sell them all out if the ep price is on them also. an i also beleave all 06 modles will be excluded along with the srts. most of the people i talk to at the dealer says the 05 are old news most are waiting 4 the 06 modles because they no chrysler will exstend there discount programs.the only 3 cars were selling good are the 300s, mag, and trucks at this dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
jim383 said:
tommy if your rit then yes it would benifit the 05 modles but most of them allready have good discounts on them but nothing like the ep discount. the only thing were worried about is our trucks we could sell them all out if the ep price is on them also. an i also beleave all 06 modles will be excluded along with the srts. most of the people i talk to at the dealer says the 05 are old news most are waiting 4 the 06 modles because they no chrysler will exstend there discount programs.the only 3 cars were selling good are the 300s, mag, and trucks at this dealer.
The EP pricing didn't get GM any more competitive, it simply gave them a good, simple message, and the public definitely bought into it. GM lowered their incentives and raised their sticker prices to make this program cost effective. You could actually get any GM product cheaper the month prior to the EP pricing. The only exception to the rule was the Cobalt and G6, which had little to no incentives the previous month. You could get a GMC Denali for $2,000 cheaper the previous month than you could on the EP pricing, with the pull back on incentives.

Don't look for heavy discounts on 06 models any time soon. GM and Ford have both committed to stay light on incentives on 06 inventory, and you can bet DCX won't go heavy until they have to. This will not be 2005 all over again, meaning you won't ever see a 2006 model have better incentives than 2005 models, as was not the case this past year.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
99 Posts
TommyLee said:
The EP pricing didn't get GM any more competitive, it simply gave them a good, simple message, and the public definitely bought into it. GM lowered their incentives and raised their sticker prices to make this program cost effective. You could actually get any GM product cheaper the month prior to the EP pricing. The only exception to the rule was the Cobalt and G6, which had little to no incentives the previous month. You could get a GMC Denali for $2,000 cheaper the previous month than you could on the EP pricing, with the pull back on incentives.

Don't look for heavy discounts on 06 models any time soon. GM and Ford have both committed to stay light on incentives on 06 inventory, and you can bet DCX won't go heavy until they have to. This will not be 2005 all over again, meaning you won't ever see a 2006 model have better incentives than 2005 models, as was not the case this past year.

No way this is a buyers market. Buyers expect big incentives and will not buy without them. The big two and Chrysler need to accept that fact and keep cost cutting or they will have large inventories of cars and trucks on the lots. 06's will be even chaeper than 05's just wait to buy and save some big money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Hello everyone ... as soon as the Charger was announced I thought I wanted this car but was planning on waiting a year to save up some more money. When I read of the upcoming promotion I found this site and have enjoyed it very much ... seems like a great community.

Anyway, I went to the dealer today and was told that the promotion will not apply to ANY Charger or 300 models ... I am bummed to say the least. Then they offered me a car at sticker and said there is a 500 dollar rebate so the total for any charger I want will be MSRP minus 500. Is everyone paying MSRP for Chargers now?

I never should have gone to the dealer and drove it ... now I am hooked!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
offandon:

Depends on your area, your dealer's willingness to deal, your negotiating skills, etc. Some people swear all the dealers they go to are holding firm at MSRP, some people even had markups above that early on... I ordered my R/T from a dealer who was willing to deal at the end of the month. Before tax, tags, etc. I had it for $2000 under MSRP. They tried to work me over a bit on the trade-in, but I held firm and got fair value for that too. Just gotta be willing to walk out and drive to another dealer. The first guys I went to wanted MSRP no matter what. The guys I ended up getting it from were obviously hungrier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
offandon said:
Hello everyone ... as soon as the Charger was announced I thought I wanted this car but was planning on waiting a year to save up some more money. When I read of the upcoming promotion I found this site and have enjoyed it very much ... seems like a great community.

Anyway, I went to the dealer today and was told that the promotion will not apply to ANY Charger or 300 models ... I am bummed to say the least. Then they offered me a car at sticker and said there is a 500 dollar rebate so the total for any charger I want will be MSRP minus 500. Is everyone paying MSRP for Chargers now?

I never should have gone to the dealer and drove it ... now I am hooked!
Hmmm...I haven't heard of any rebates on the Charger, does anyone else have any info on Charger rebates?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
tonycpsu said:
offandon:

Depends on your area, your dealer's willingness to deal, your negotiating skills, etc. Some people swear all the dealers they go to are holding firm at MSRP, some people even had markups above that early on... I ordered my R/T from a dealer who was willing to deal at the end of the month. Before tax, tags, etc. I had it for $2000 under MSRP. They tried to work me over a bit on the trade-in, but I held firm and got fair value for that too. Just gotta be willing to walk out and drive to another dealer. The first guys I went to wanted MSRP no matter what. The guys I ended up getting it from were obviously hungrier.
Thanks Tony ... I will start driving to a bunch of dealers.

BTW ... I am a PSU alumni as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
we have a charger r/t with every option listed except smokers pak and engine block heater and theres only 2266 dollars different between invoice and window sticker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
jim383 said:
we have a charger r/t with every option listed except smokers pak and engine block heater and theres only 2266 dollars different between invoice and window sticker.
So you have the DVD player in the center console and the the NAV?
How do you like it ? That is what I am thinking of getting for the kids.
Also who makes the software for the NAV?
Thanks

Craig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
offandon said:
Hello everyone ... as soon as the Charger was announced I thought I wanted this car but was planning on waiting a year to save up some more money. When I read of the upcoming promotion I found this site and have enjoyed it very much ... seems like a great community.

Anyway, I went to the dealer today and was told that the promotion will not apply to ANY Charger or 300 models ... I am bummed to say the least. Then they offered me a car at sticker and said there is a 500 dollar rebate so the total for any charger I want will be MSRP minus 500. Is everyone paying MSRP for Chargers now?

I never should have gone to the dealer and drove it ... now I am hooked!
It's not like when the 300 first came out, there are many more Chargers available and at least half of them are the R/T model. You should definately not have to pay MSRP. I'd try another dealer, or maybe if you go sit down and make them an offer, they'd come down from sticker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Craig540 said:
So you have the DVD player in the center console and the the NAV?
How do you like it ? That is what I am thinking of getting for the kids.
Also who makes the software for the NAV?
Thanks

Craig
Alpine makes the nav unit for the Charger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
As per this A.M.'s newspaper for what it's worth it says; "DaimlerChrysler Group announced Friday its plan to match the employee discount incentive starting today and running through August 1st. The plan EXCLUDES several models, including the popular Chrysler 300, the Dodge Viper and the Dodge Magnum, Chrysler spokesman Kevin McCormick said". End of quote! No mention of the Charger in this article.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
The Charger Is Not On That Program Either But All Trucks Are Except Srt-10
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
RPMSRT8 said:
As per this A.M.'s newspaper for what it's worth it says; "DaimlerChrysler Group announced Friday its plan to match the employee discount incentive starting today and running through August 1st. The plan EXCLUDES several models, including the popular Chrysler 300, the Dodge Viper and the Dodge Magnum, Chrysler spokesman Kevin McCormick said". End of quote! No mention of the Charger in this article.

Keep in mind this is for 2005 models... the charger is a 2006, so there is no reason to mention it...
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top