Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What gains may I be looking if I get my dad a Spectre High Flow filter? I checked his engine bay and it has this cold air type tube from the engine to the filter, to the front of the radiator. I bought him a Spectre drop in filter and hope these older cars get better increases from things like these than newer cars do. His paper plete air filter is somewhat torn il guessing from the pull from the engine. Only single exhaust on it that i know of, i only see one tail pipe. It has the 5.0 of that year, but it is not the mustang engine, i guess you could say what the mustang engine that year was without the perf heads, parts etc.
He wants to keep it stock/org but the thing is somewhat a rusty bucket lol not a rust bucket but the car needs some money put into it for restoration. Has less than 100k miles, and i wasalso thinking about getting him some BND for it but first wanna see if this simple mod can give him a noticeable difference in his older car.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
maybe 10-15hp

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope he can feel it! Lol when i first bought my car he said "my car can beat yours" i looked at him square in tbe face and said "dad, mine has a 5.7" he stopped whatever he was thinking lol! His car is light tho...

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
that car would be so easy to make it into a real rocketship

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i told him that too lol
Plus i hear it has the better motor of the year, the other one being a 5.8 but the 5.0 is supposed to be better for upgrades and such surpass what the 5.8 could upgrade to. I dont think the drive train would handle it tho, but i want him to get dual exhaust and im starting him off with this intake, hope it makes him get mod fever, i saw one online stock for 1k, might be a goos buy it has low miles and looks well cared for.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
That car has:

150 hp (SAE net)
Torque: 270 ft-lb
Curb weight: 3794 lbs

That's a 25:1 weight to hp ratio.

The 2006 Charger 3.5L V6 has a 17:1 weight to hp ratio

The 2006 Charger 5.7L Hemi has a 12.1:1 weight to hp ratio

The 2006 Charger 6.1L Hemi SRT has a 10:1 weight to hp ratio

That grand Marquis isn't even close.

It's a smog motor and will benefit greatly from being able to breathe. Improve the air flow into the engine and out of the engine and get rid of the pollution control crap and it will see up to a 50% increase in hp. More than enough for your Dad to feel. :)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet thx for info D.
Yea i was thinkin bout doing some homemade intake as well... And maybe taking off my dual when i put that catback and seeing if we could use that and modify it for his carro.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts