Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 charger srt8 with the 6.1 hemi engine. Recently had a misfire in cylinder 7, had all spark plugs changed along with the coil packs. Drove home and felt the misfire again. Code stated cylinder 7. Took it to the dealership, they swapped injector 7 with injector 5, tested fuel pressure and had it running good. A day later same thing, cylinder 7 misfire. What should I have checked next?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Besides taking it to a dealership which are all shut down in my area, how I do test that?

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
JS:
I would imagine you paid a pretty penny for the plugs and coils to be replaced. That is nonsense. They are just throwing parts at it instead of taking the time to properly diagnose the issue. You don't mention how many miles are on the car, but that would be good to know.

I would get it back to them as soon as you can, and they should look further into it at no charge. Depending on what they find, you may or may not have to pay more.

Re checking for the cam/lifter issue, removing the valve cover on that side so you can observe the valve train in action while the engine turns over (but not running) , or running a compression check on that cylinder would my choices.

Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car has 94000 miles on it. Compression on cylinder 7 was at 175 psi. Dealerships in my area are closed until further notice.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
175 sounds pretty good. How long have have you owned it? Re the closed dealers, this darned CV has affected everything in one way or another.

Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've owned it about 3 years. Meticulously changed the oil and given proper maintenance. Believe me, when it came to anything with this car I just paid for it. Now I'm stuck

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Are you sure the Service Dept at your dealer isn't still open? What about a local garage? I'd suggest getting the cam and lifters checked. There are several of us here who've gone through it, both 5.7 and 6.4 motors. Not sure if anyone here has gone through it with the 6.1. I take extremely good care of my vehicles as well. Had plugs, pcv valve, and all fluids done at 100k and a month later heard the ticking. Cost me about $3k in repairs. The lifters are what's expensive.

Mine was a bad lifter roller bearing on cylinder 8. Caused a flat spot and ate through the cam. Happened at 101,000 miles for me. Now at 121k going strong.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had the same exact issue, #7 on my 06, took a diablosport and shut off the mds completely and never happened after that.
1 bad mds, that was my issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts