Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks ago my check engine light came on. I went to Autozone and this code came up and recommended I change the plugs and the cylinder 2 coil but I went a head and replaced all the coils as well. My mechanic cleared the code but the next day it came back on. When the light originally came on the car would start to get real shaky during red lights and the the lights would flicker as well. I still feel it a little shaky but not as much as before the plugs and coils were replaced. I saw something about 3.6L Pentastar cylinder 2 misfire problem. But I didn’t see anything about how to fix it. Any recommendations would be appreciated currently at about 156k miles too btw

· Registered
2 Posts
I have done this on my wifes 2015- 3.6 durango and it solved the problem instantly. It is the VVT solenoid. This is what it looked like https://www.autozone.com/engine-man...e-variable-timing-solenoid-916-515/907713_0_0 it is super easy to change. It is on the top, close to the cylinder 2 spark plug. Remove the air cleaner and plastic crap, and it is right under there. It is held on by one bolt. Dip in some oil before putting it in so it is pre-lubed before.

Good luck!

· Registered
44 Posts
This could also be 2 bolts for the VVT oil control galleys. They are known to vibrate lose a little and cause low oil pressure to the VVT solenoid throwing the same code/codes.
Before spending any money, I'd check those out. They are right under the cam gears on the drivers head. You can find pictures online. The best way to fix this is to completely remove the plugs. Clean them with brake or carb cleaner then clean the thread in the head also. Be sure to wipe the threads clean. Take some Blue medium strength thread locker and put on the threads. Reinstall them and let them set for a couple of hours before you start it.
This requires removal of the intake and valve cover. Not a bad job. Just not a 10 minute fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts