Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had three diagnostic codes pop up on me today, 1 was 02 Circuit Low voltage (Bank 2, Sensor 2) which I know isn't a big deal, but the other two have my curious. The other one was Cylinder 1 Misfire, and then the last one was "P2299 Brake Pedal Position/Accelerator Pedal Position Incompatible.

The cylinder 1 misfire popped up two weeks ago before I left on my honeymoon, due to that I haven't driven it much. I cleared the code two weeks ago and today it popped back up with the same code. My question is should I be overly concerned? Should I not drive it until I get it to a shop? I will check the plug and see damage, but can't do it tonight as I am leaving soon. Should I keep the car parked or is it okay to drive before getting it back to HHP?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Pull the sparkplugs from #1 cylinder(drivers side front)...if the strap is closed onto the electrode get ready to pull the cylinder head off.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
^^^^what Eric said!!!!

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
2299 happens a lot when someone hits both the brake and accelerator at the same time

i.e. riding the brakes/powerbraking/resting your foot on the brake pedal. The car expects to not see voltage on both circuits at the same time.

·
Registered
2020 Sinamon Stick Charger Scatpack
233 Posts
Pull the sparkplugs from #1 cylinder(drivers side front)...if the strap is closed onto the electrode get ready to pull the cylinder head off.
Would you mind elaborating on this? What would cause this? Thanks.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
he's stating if the bridge and electrode are touching that there is internal engine damage and flying debri broke the plug

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Would you mind elaborating on this? What would cause this? Thanks.
the piston's ringland could have broke!!! and would be do to going too lean!!

·
Registered
2020 Sinamon Stick Charger Scatpack
233 Posts
I know that is basically what he meant. I guess my question should have been is this common and what is typically the cause?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I know that is basically what he meant. I guess my question should have been is this common and what is typically the cause?
It's all in the tune!!! if your tuner is trying for more power(going lean) this will happen, The most I have since is on the S/C LX's our pistons can't handle high boost!! but for a N/A car like the OP's, if he did pop a ringland the cause maybe from his tune

Hope that helps

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I spent the last two hours playing with it, I got one plug out, but the 2nd had the porcelain around it all broken so I spent awhile getting it out to be able to get a socket around the plug, and now it's way too tight to pull out so I put some PB Blaster on it to help loosen it. I will post later with what happens, but I am going over my parents for a cook out... I'm fearing it may have smashed the plug.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Below are the pictures, what I did was pull the closest plug in the 1st cylinder to the front bumper and it was fine, then the second plug in the 1st cylinder had the porcelain all broken, once I got the plug out I compared it to a plug from the 2nd cylinder just for good measure and all 3 plugs (the 2 from cylinder 1, which was the one misfiring, and one from cylinder 2 which wasn't misfiring) and all looked the same on the node part of the plug. So basically I am guessing either the plug was broken when put in, or arced somehow which caused it to break.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Great news! I was wondering what you were going to find! :rocker:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great news! I was wondering what you were going to find! :rocker:
Yeah, I was really scared before I pulled it that it wasn't going to be bad news... needless to say I am relieved!

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
the broken porcelian allows the spark to fire out into the plug well instead of the motor where there is higher resistance

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi..i had misfire for a a month and i changed the gasket misfire gone ,,do not change the o2 sensors because from my experience its s false code,the problem mostly is from the misfire..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts