Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of having a shop cutting the resonators off and replace them with straight Exhaust pipe. Has anyone done this and kept the stock muffler.

I want my R/T Louder... Would this help? I don't have the cash now for a new exhaust or performance mufflers. This would on;y cost 40.00 to due.

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? I want to head the shop and do this today!!

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
people have done with varying results...most seem to be pretty happy with the sound. they all said it added a throatier response.

honestly man, give it a try and see what happens...if it is only $40.00 it can't hurt trying. personally, i spent some money on my borla's and love 'em, so go spend a couple of bucks and see what happens. it should sound lounder.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info... I think I will try it! I will post some sound clips when its done! :happy:

Jason

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i have the borla 125's and they do not have a resonator set up creating a loud throaty growl when you open her up.

the zoomers are a very popular item and sound very good (i just liked the borla more). they too are aggressive sounding and have a nice growl, but have a muffler/resonator type set up.

as far as hp goes..i would like to think i am running at the daytona 350hp b/c it is only suppose to have a better breathing setup than the regular r/t without the r/t package, so my thought process - put on aftermarket catback and cai and i should be running at or around (give or take a few) 350 hp. at least i hope i am

·
Registered
90 Posts
I cut the muffler off and left the resonators. Sounds great. U will a very nice sound at idle that is not to loud. Full throttle is awesome.
Roger C5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts