Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they worth the money ? I mean I've seen them for like 400 bucks or so but does anyone know how much installation would be? I am debating if these should be my next mod or not? A little more info would help.......... Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
I was really hot on this idea until I read that PA will fail your inspection for cutouts. Check your local regs.

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I was really hot on this idea until I read that PA will fail your inspection for cutouts. Check your local regs.
even with them closed? :confused:

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
I just read it tonight. Any exhaust with cutouts will fail visual inspection. I guess if you had a cool shop you'd be golden but staties could still get you on the highway if they figured it out.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I just read it tonight. Any exhaust with cutouts will fail visual inspection. I guess if you had a cool shop you'd be golden but staties could still get you on the highway if they figured it out.
that sucks! here in Texas they are not street legal, but are track legal, so you can just close them before your inspection

·
Banned
3,658 Posts
just how loud are they? i hear the videos of them and it sounds good, but you cant really tell how loud it is.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
That's the way things go. Some states are more or less cool about stuff. Apparently any system that bypasses the EPA stuff is illegal. They specifically state cutouts are...well...cut out. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've had them for at least two years. Well worth it, definatley a head turner. I've had numerous people come up and ask what kind of exhaust I have. It is loud as heck so I would not suggest driving with them on with the little ones in the car, my kids are teenagers so they ask to have them open when they are driving with me. There are several kinds out there but I went with DMH and I am very happy with their support. Good Luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I actually am bringing mine in today to get them done..will let you kno how they turn out on friday when I get the car back....I'm so excited heard nothing but good things

·
Registered
207 Posts
Besides the noise, how does it affect performance?

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
how did the garage like your tails? i've have my head tinted since i bought the car and no probs with inspection at the dealer. i took it to a diff place and had freaked b/c i had tinted heads and tails. the guy calls and says "i don't know how you see at night." wanted to say i have illegaldeathHID's that's how asshat! had to rip the vinyl tint off my head lights and put my stock tails back in... PITA!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow you guys are really helping me out! Cool so I'm right about the price being around 400 bucks? I still wanna know how much installation is or would be. Thanks a lot guys now anyone have sound clips with their cutouts? Idk how vegas is about the whole smog thing but i'll find out and keep u guys updated for those of you in vegas

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
A few SLCLX members have these and they are siCK!
They say you lose a little low end torque but they are LOUD! Especially with long tube headers. Its a cool mod and gives a real show.
I plan to save up and get some nascar boom tubes! A lot louder and a lot more $$$$

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I thought about putting some on, but then I talked to a couple of guys with them. If I remember right, they both have gasket problems.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Install will run you $150 to $200 just call around. No gasket leaks for me or the others in the Indy group, they put RTV sealant in the box instead of those old style gaskets and that works perfect.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Just had mine done.

Gasket issues are a thing of the past. They have silicone now so there is no gasket that can fail, and DMH has a 4 year warranty.

The videos dont do it justice, they are bad ass in person, and my azz rumbles everytime i open them up

Everytime I gun it, I turn heads everywhere, real real cool

As far as performance, that is iffy. I have heard people lose and gain hp with these open, but I feel the general consensus is you lose hp in the low rpms but gain a bit in the high, though I dont think either gain or loss is noticable, esp with the loud beast you get with them.

Go for it, you will love it. they have made my car fun to drive again

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Wow you guys are really helping me out! Cool so I'm right about the price being around 400 bucks? I still wanna know how much installation is or would be. Thanks a lot guys now anyone have sound clips with their cutouts? Idk how vegas is about the whole smog thing but i'll find out and keep u guys updated for those of you in vegas
check the link I added on the first page for a killer video

1 - 20 of 28 Posts