Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been contemplating this for a while now. First I just had to decide which catback to go with because most of them look ugly to me and the more reading I do, I'm finding out I may like the cutouts.

The main reason I like the cutouts is the lady. She doesnt like it loud and if shes in the car or if we're on a long trip I can just cut it off.

I'm not sure which to shoot for and I just wanted some other opinions on their experiences. Thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
what would be cool with the cutouts with the stock exhaust is that your car can be a sleeper. pullup next to sombody let them rev up a lil. . thell think aw this guys aint got nuthin . . then open your cuts and that person will be like :knockout: :knockout: :knockout: . .

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Not sure why you think the catbacks are ugly....I got many a compliment on the Magnaflows I had on my former SRT8........If all you are after is sound..and you need to tone it down when the wife is in the car...then cutouts are what you want.......if you want sound and a tad more power the catbacks are probably a better choice....I have seen dynos where the low and mid range suffered from using cutouts...too little back pressure...not by much though

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what would be cool with the cutouts with the stock exhaust is that your car can be a sleeper. pullup next to sombody let them rev up a lil. . thell think aw this guys aint got nuthin . . then open your cuts and that person will be like :knockout: :knockout: :knockout: . .
yeah i know what you mean.

Not sure why you think the catbacks are ugly....I got many a compliment on the Magnaflows I had on my former SRT8........If all you are after is sound..and you need to tone it down when the wife is in the car...then cutouts are what you want.......if you want sound and a tad more power the catbacks are probably a better choice....I have seen dynos where the low and mid range suffered from using cutouts...too little back pressure...not by much though
most of them have ugly tips. I dont like the round tips that fold in. I like tips that are angled and cut off like the MBRP. I don't want something just for the sound though. If I'm going to put something on that makes the car lounder I want it to also make it faster. I'd like to get a setup that isnt to loud in the cabin for the lady but loud when its WOT but i may not be happy with it. :grin:

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
yeah i know what you mean.

most of them have ugly tips. I dont like the round tips that fold in. I like tips that are angled and cut off like the MBRP. I don't want something just for the sound though. If I'm going to put something on that makes the car lounder I want it to also make it faster. I'd like to get a setup that isnt to loud in the cabin for the lady but loud when its WOT but i may not be happy with it. :grin:

You can always put different tips on any catback you get.........if you want something not to loud but roars like a lion at WOT get the Magnaflows...they were fairly loud on my SRT8 but have less loudness on my brother's RT...His sound throaty but not loud in the cabin (unless at WOT)..

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i thought about adding new tips but for some reason i just felt like buying an exhaust with tips i already liked was easier but i may be thinking lazy.

how loud are the magnaflows at WOT?

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
i thought about adding new tips but for some reason i just felt like buying an exhaust with tips i already liked was easier but i may be thinking lazy.

how loud are the magnaflows at WOT?
they roar at WOT.....there are some sound videos around here of cars with magnaflows....you can do a search or maybe one will chime in....but dont use an SRT with MFs sound video as a comparison..sounds much different..

·
Registered
928 Posts
yeah corsa makes nice exhaust.

·
Registered
507 Posts
or look into zoomers. they wernt too loud on my car in the cab but sounded nice at WOT. im selling mine btw check the sale section. went with slp. loud as hell and loving it

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I have magnaflows, and they sound sweet at WOT, very little drone (after about 1,000 miles) and fairly quiet at cruise.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
be careful with the exhaust cut out's. a couple of the guy's over on LX FORUMS are having problems with them! it seems that the seal that seals off the door [or flap] when it's closed is coming off and causing a leak or a rattle in the system. 2 from what i've seen have had to have them replaced all ready

·
Registered
137 Posts
be careful with the exhaust cut out's. a couple of the guy's over on LX FORUMS are having problems with them! it seems that the seal that seals off the door [or flap] when it's closed is coming off and causing a leak or a rattle in the system. 2 from what i've seen have had to have them replaced all ready
Would you happen to know what brand of cut-outs they were using?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they roar at WOT.....there are some sound videos around here of cars with magnaflows....you can do a search or maybe one will chime in....but dont use an SRT with MFs sound video as a comparison..sounds much different..
I'll have to do more research then. I kind of ruled out magnaflows based off the looks and a couple of reviews.

Might even consider the Corsa. Supposed to be a quiet cruiser but killer at WOT.
I dont want it to be too quiet though. Man I guess I need more sound clips

or look into zoomers. they wernt too loud on my car in the cab but sounded nice at WOT. im selling mine btw check the sale section. went with slp. loud as hell and loving it
I'd like to get your exhaust but I'm not trying to spend that much money right now.

I have magnaflows, and they sound sweet at WOT, very little drone (after about 1,000 miles) and fairly quiet at cruise.
Another good review for magnaflow. Thanks bro Ima try and find more info on em.

Yeah I read about that. They have the warranty on them and it's suppossedly a type of silicone they were using but now they make them and they dont need the silicone at all. Thanks for the heads up though.

Would you happen to know what brand of cut-outs they were using?
I believe its DMH.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Cutouts are by far more fun and nothing comes close to the sound short of open headers; best of both worlds. Just make sure you buy from a decent dealer in case you have issues with the parts.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yep

Cutouts are by far more fun and nothing comes close to the sound short of open headers; best of both worlds. Just make sure you buy from a decent dealer in case you have issues with the parts.
I have a Corsa Cat Back AND BadLandzHPE servo cutouts, I Love It!

Noisy as $hit when you wanna be or simple catback rumble. The best part is my system is variable so I have infinite levels of noise to choose from, anytime! Just a rocker switch in the dash to push.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The SLP tips are slashed and beveled, exactly like you're describing. They look very cool on the car. If all you want is loud, then cutouts are fine, definitely loud. But if you want a nice deep rumble or something that sounds better than a dump truck, you should probably stick with a catback.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i think i'm going with a catback instead of cutouts. cutouts seem like they'd be funner to play with but getting a catback just seems more beneficial all around. i may get the cutouts later on after i already have the catback.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts