Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of spending $40+ dollars on a new badge, I just added my own custom touch.

I used touch up paint to do the backing, and plasti dip to do the outline. What do you guys think?

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401135823.453133.jpg

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401135842.093134.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401135874.315552.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401135896.519659.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,659 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
looks good.. i went and spent the 40$ at billet for the batman logo.. definitely will consider doing this once i decide to sell it

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks good.. i went and spent the 40$ at billet for the batman logo.. definitely will consider doing this once i decide to sell it

Thanks, I was a couple clicks away from ordering a BT one with the S/E outline. But then I decided to do a little more research and found this idea on a forum from a post around 2007... I'm glad I went this route, it was virtually free because I already had PD and a touch up bottle at home. It's definitely more satisfying adding your own unique look than buying something and slapping it on :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
It looks good, a nice custom touch. I just hate the goat head so went with a BT Mopar badge. The only exterior goat heads I've got are on my stock winter wheels.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks good, a nice custom touch. I just hate the goat head so went with a BT Mopar badge. The only exterior goat heads I've got are on my stock winter wheels.

Thanks, and I get that, ever since RAM has been it's own brand and Dodge lost the Rams head in 2011 I've seen a lot of people go away from the rams head. I'm sporting the rams head everywhere where it was stock, except my rear trunk blackout

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401221600.425049.jpg

I don't mind it the goat, but I like the 3d effect of it, and nothing aftermarket gives that effect, neither on the steering wheel badge or front nose badge.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
That's a nice treatment on the rear, I ran with nothing back there for a while now I've got the red R/T as is befitting an R/T R&T car. Still wish I had gone with the Daytona vinyl still might as some point. I go back and forth on the fender hash marks can't decide if it is a bit too "boy racer" I think it would be pretty subtle on my car.

You can get a 3d effect from the really expensive BT full etched pieces but I stuck with the cheaper and mine already has a pretty nice scratch in the black anodized portion in the 2 years I've had it on.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a nice treatment on the rear, I ran with nothing back there for a while now I've got the red R/T as is befitting an R/T R&T car. Still wish I had gone with the Daytona vinyl still might as some point. I go back and forth on the fender hash marks can't decide if it is a bit too "boy racer" I think it would be pretty subtle on my car.

You can get a 3d effect from the really expensive BT full etched pieces but I stuck with the cheaper and mine already has a pretty nice scratch in the black anodized portion in the 2 years I've had it on.

I was aware of the etched pieces, didn't wanna spend so much money on something that's supposed to be subtle! :D

I like the stripes a lot, especially for bright colored big bodied Mopars, you need something to break it up :)

And I've never seen a Charger on the road with them so I think they are pretty unique.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks good man i like it! nice touch! what did you use to paint your grill and the logo?

Thanks! The emblem I just used plastidip... The grille was painted with rattle can satin black paint.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Good job with the mod. I went a different route with mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like the factory look but looks like you did a good job.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oops I didn't know you were referring to my grille, I'm not sure... I bought it as is.... But it's chipping in a lot of places. I'll need to redo sometime in the future.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts