Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone..... Since I'm off work tomorrow I decided to gather up material to make a set of half covers. I'm using 2 peices of 12x24 20g sheet metal. Today I got both templates done and traced out onto the metal. I will cut the half covers out in the morning and get them painted. Here's a few pics of the mock up with the templates.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My man!!!!!!!!.......pm sent!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's right!!! Made in the USA by my hands.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few pics. Bends are spot welded to make the covers rigid. I just have to sand them and paint now.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Cant wait bro! Im gonna have to hit u up about a set...

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I have decided to that I'm going to leave the metal raw with just a clear coat over the top. They are sanded so they kinda have a shiny brushed effect. I also mounted the Zex controller to the cover.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am also tossing around the idea of sanding the 6.1 intake back down to bare metal and leaving it raw with a clear coat to seal it. Whats everybody's opinion on that?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Decided to add fronts to the covers so you couldn't see straight up under them. Now I gotta grind the welds down then I'm gonna start with 120 grit and work my way to 2000. Then clear coat the covers.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Decided to add fronts to the covers so you couldn't see straight up under them. Now I gotta grind the welds down then I'm gonna start with 120 grit and work my way to 2000. Then clear coat the covers.

Looks awesome man, excited to see the finished product.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Beautiful! Contact!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One thing about my covers and the main reason I made my own was that the cover the whole valve cover and keep it almost completely out of sight. With all the other covers you can see up under them when looking head on and they don't go all the way down on the sides.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks awesome so far, might have to contact you about a set!

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Me first! Lol i cant wait for car shows!

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Me first! Lol i cant wait for car shows!
You always get one of whatever I make man, your sponsored!:beerchug:

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
You always get one of whatever I make man, your sponsored!:beerchug:
This :rocker:
Still gotta buy you a :beer_yum:
:bigthumb::beerchug:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Wow great work! I love what you've done so far. I thought about doing something like that but I have no welding skills so I'd have to have a shop do it and it would've ended up being too much $$$ for them. If you ever decide to do additional pairs you have another order right here!!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts