Charger Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
did we ever get a price on this or is it just another peek and run type of tactic?
I haven't posted pricing for these because frankly I feel some of you do not really understand what it takes to build and paint these. NYT feels these are only worth $300 each. Thats his opinion. I do not share it. If another company wants to build and sell a custom built sub enclosures for only $300 then they can have that business. We build quality cars and do quality audio installs. I started this thread to share what we were building for DeafChargers car, not to be told that what we charge for custom work is out of line. Remember if everyone could do what we can do there would be no need for me to be in business. With that said if you are truly interested in buying these, feel free to pm me for pricing. I will have finished photos of these tomorrow.

Ernie

I haven't posted pricing for these because frankly I feel some of you do not really understand what it takes to build and paint these. NYT feels these are only worth $300 each. Thats his opinion. I do not share it. If another company wants to build and sell a custom built sub enclosures for only $300 then they can have that business. We build quality cars and do quality audio installs. I started this thread to share what we were building for DeafChargers car, not to be told that what we charge for custom work is out of line. Remember if everyone could do what we can do there would be no need for me to be in business. With that said if you are truly interested in buying these, feel free to pm me for pricing. I will have finished photos of these tomorrow.

Ernie
i said $300 depending on quality. obviously, if the custom enclosure is of higher quality it would fetch a higher price tag.

reading comprehension is something that is seriously lacking in some vendors around here. dont get snippy sweet cakes.

Alright Ernie, where's the pics? So to address my question/statement, can you easily access the spare tire or do these overlap the area a lot? Can anything be done to rectify the loss of the cargo net? I'd hate to lose it, but am open to other enclosures such as this if they saved some space and sounded great.

Very good question; if the sub box needs to be removed to get to the spare, how do you go about securing it? Cuz if you can't access the spare and the box isn't easily removable, I don't see why someone would just remove the spare tire and build an enclosure to fit down there.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Alright Ernie, where's the pics? So to address my question/statement, can you easily access the spare tire or do these overlap the area a lot? Can anything be done to rectify the loss of the cargo net? I'd hate to lose it, but am open to other enclosures such as this if they saved some space and sounded great.
Sorry, I haven't had a chance to get any photos of them yet. At this point I'm more concerned with getting the rest of the car painted and his custom spoiler done. I will see if I can get them up by tomorrow. To answer your question. No the spare tire well cover has to be cut to use these enclosures. For Mike it is not a big concern. These are just one way to put subs in your car, we could build an enclosure that could go under the package shelf for instance or even in the spare tire well if you wanted to loose the spare. With the way we are doing these we could also build a custom amp rack to fit under the package shelf. These are just using some available space that would be unused before. As far as the cargo net, I really have paid much attention to its use because again that was not a concern for Mike.

Heres a few shot of a custom system we just did in an Lexus show an amp rack under the back shelf.

It's a beautiful work of art, I must say! I couldn't sacrifice my trunk like that, though. Still need to eat & shop. Sigh.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.