Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a few shots of DeafChargers custom made 10" sub enclosure we are doing for his car. We should have the right side done tomorrow. Both will be painted matched to the new lower color of his car. We will be selling these in both 10" and 12" versions. For now enjoy the pics.

·
Registered
46 Posts
VERY NICE !!!!

$o how much do you guy$ think you will be offering the$e for?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I like the look. I like the others like them I have seen. My concern, and it's a small one, is that with them you lose use of the cargo net. I like using that better than a molded plastic tray for groceries, etc... If only there were a way to get the best of both worlds?!

And I think they end up sticking out a bit past your hidden space for spare tire. Hard to get out in a hurry.

But painted up, this is a beaut.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
These look great and I contacted 22elite a while back about a set of enclosures just like these.... Dont get me wrong, they look amazing, especially when painted, but im sure the pricing will be astronomical. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble! Price was the reason I never bought them from 22elite in the first place.....

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
yea i saw some astronomical price as well too...wasn't from 22elite though!! why the h-e-double hockey sticks are they so much!!! i know there is a demand for them cause i know i am for sure tired of having that box in my trunk takin up all my space!!!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Yeah I know what you are saying.... space was the same reason I wanted to get them too. DOnt get me wrong, they look sweet---carpetted OR painted. But Im sure they are going to be ridiculously expensive, and its really too bad because Im sure people would buy them like crazy if they were reasonably priced.

-Pat

·
Registered
416 Posts
Anyone cares to share the price range or a ballpark..............

No need to post names......(not sure what the rules are but I don't see any harm in posting/sharing information!)

Thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
thats sick. maybe commercially produced enclosure like that would be sweet. maybe a few hundred bucks painted? whys there a flashlight in the trunk...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
cost from a stereo shop to build if for your car will run around $500. that is for a custom one off enclosure.

if i were to guess, i would place their price at around $300 depending on quality and if they want to be competitive with other online custom stereo shops.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
There is a shop down the street from my job that will build me a custom fiberglass dual 10" enclosure for $350 out the door.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Hahahahahaha, all you guys trying to guess prices on these enclosures are waaaaaaay off. For those of you that have a local shop that can do it for cheap like 350 or whatever you said..... JUMP on that! The boxes that I was talking about earlier that look just like these are waaaaay up there. Try 700 for a pair of them---and they are not even painted OR carpetted! How insane is that? We'll see what the pricing is going to be on these, as long as they are commercially produced, the price needs to drop considerably if they want ample business on these.

To go along with The Tran, yes I totally agree with you. I am pushing quite a bit of power now as it is and its nowhere near as loud as I was expecting it to be. And with these boxes only being able to take about a 7" mounting depth and lacking substantial air space (unless they are built onto wheel wells to maximize internal air space), I wouldnt count on a whole lot of sound being able to be produced from these either....

-Pat

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.