Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Component Description:
1. POWER TRAIN Bulletin Number: 2101205
Bulletin Date: JUL 2005

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Charger
Summary:
NEW 42RLE VARIABLE LINE PRESSURE TRANSMISSION (VLP). TO INCLUDE 2006 RAM TRUCK, JEEP LIBERTY, AND DODGE DAKOTA. *TT

Component Description:
2. ELECTRICAL SYSTEM Bulletin Number: 0803805

Summary:
AUTOMATIC HEADLAMPS SENSITIVITY IMPROVEMENT. *TT

Component Description:
3. POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM) Bulletin Number: 1803105

Summary:
SHIFT HESITATION DURING WIDE OPEN THROTTLE. TO INCLUDE 2005 DODGE CHARGER. *TT

source

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
click on the word source at the bottom of my 1st post

IIRC the ticking is valvetrain noise... common with the hemi, dealer will say it is normal....

·
Registered
9 Posts
This source does not list the two air conditioning TSBs noted in other threads. Anyone know where the complete list is?

Larry

DAYTONA_R/T said:
Component Description:
1. POWER TRAIN Bulletin Number: 2101205

Summary:
NEW 42RLE VARIABLE LINE PRESSURE TRANSMISSION (VLP). TO INCLUDE 2006 RAM TRUCK, JEEP LIBERTY, AND DODGE DAKOTA. *TT

Component Description:
2. ELECTRICAL SYSTEM Bulletin Number: 0803805

Summary:
AUTOMATIC HEADLAMPS SENSITIVITY IMPROVEMENT. *TT

Component Description:
3. POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM) Bulletin Number: 1803105

Summary:
SHIFT HESITATION DURING WIDE OPEN THROTTLE. TO INCLUDE 2005 DODGE CHARGER. *TT

source

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
do we just walk in to dodge and say fix it......

·
Registered
322 Posts
GoDaddy said:
do we just walk in to dodge and say fix it......

- I don't think the dealer service department will do anything, unless you really sound like you are experiencing the problem. I think that with the TSB's, they won't make the "fix" unless you are complaining about the problem.

- My car ("SE") seems to be experiencing the hesitation issue during "wide open throttle" - my issue is that there is a 3 to 4 second lag (at WOT), where the RPMS go way down then shoot up - but, sometimes, it seems to downshift and take off at the lightest touch of the gas pedal. So, when I take it in for service, I am not going to say anything about the TSB - then just tell them about what I am experiencing. Then if the conditions, during conversation, are right - I will ask the service rep, if there are any TSB's for an issue like what I am experiencing (even though I know there is - then I hope he will be more likely to make the repair).

Brian T.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Brian, tell your service advisor that you think there is a tsb for your problem, make him look it up, don't expect that he knows every tsb for every dodge that is out there...I can tell you from experience there is way to much information for anyone to remember it all...also, a tsb is only issued if a certain number of vehicles come in for the same problem thatcannot be resolved through conventional means...I.E. many dealerships call STAR about the same or similar problems and the factory researches it and comes up with a fix. I'll give you an example, a guy showed up with his 2005 hemi ram that had a check engine light on. A dealership in cali replaced his cat because the computor told him it was bad. He came to us because the vehicle was acting exactly like it did in cali, and the comp told us his cat was bad...(what are the odds) when we looked up tsb's for engine or emmisions components-zip, nothing...so we order a cat, sometime later, I was reaserching a tsb for a download on the early hemi motors which had to do with fuel economy...and bingo there was the tsb for the other problem, hiding under "performance" issues, that said his O2 sensors were trigering the faulty error code in the PCM...To be honest, we don't even check tsb's unless a customer comes back for the same issue...It would be wise if you know there is a tsb to let them know, it WILL save you a return trip!

good luck!

B.T.W. if any mods are lurking, I wouldn't be opposed to having a sticky topic on TSB's that I would moderate, where members could ask about TSB's and I could explain them to the members...

·
Registered
322 Posts
chargershed said:
Brian, tell your service advisor that you think there is a tsb for your problem, make him look it up, don't expect that he knows every tsb for every dodge that is out there...I can tell you from experience there is way to much information for anyone to remember it all...also, a tsb is only issued if a certain number of vehicles come in for the same problem thatcannot be resolved through conventional means...I.E. many dealerships call STAR about the same or similar problems and the factory researches it and comes up with a fix. .........................QUOTE]

"OK" - I will take your advice - I'm planning on asking them to look into my car's "hesitation" problem (during acceleration), when I make my appointment for my "free" oil change (in about 2 weeks). I will bring up the TSB (#1803105) with the service manager.

Thank you for the advice,

Brian T.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts