Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok in photo's posted by JayR06, I noticed that the cupholders looked different then in the R/T's I have seen...

So I snooped around on dodge.com to see if there were different cup-holders...

There are.......

here is a pic that dodge has as an interior shot of an SE.

http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/vimg/eal/eal_images/43/SB06_LXDH48_2DE_E7D1.jpg



the R/T has a hinged cover... which I dont dreally car about.... but the SE pic looks like it has larger cup holders then the R/T...

Seeing as how the R/T cupholders are useless for anything more then a 12 oz soda can... if the SE cup Holders are larger, I will be changing them out....


edit: deleted pic of R/T interior as not to confuse tonycpsu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
I would rather have the hidden cup holders than the possibility of larger ones. The SE ones are ugly and distracting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JSA 007 said:
I would rather have the hidden cup holders than the possibility of larger ones. The SE ones are ugly and distracting.
I will not argue the point that the hidden ones look better.... however having cupholders that look good, but are useless to me is pointless... just MHO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
What makes you think they're smaller in the R/T? I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm pretty certain they're the size that's shown in the SE pic, only with the cover.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tonycpsu said:
What makes you think they're smaller in the R/T? I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm pretty certain they're the size that's shown in the SE pic, only with the cover.
in the pic they look bigger... I never said the were... thats why I posted to see if anyone could confirm this... :whistle:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
OK, well, I don't know what about the SE pic makes them look bigger to you, but to me it just looks like they don't have a cover.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tonycpsu said:
OK, well, I don't know what about the SE pic makes them look bigger to you, but to me it just looks like they don't have a cover.

I am comparing the SE pic to when I test drove some R/T's..... go look at an R/T and then look at the SE pic.... if I deleted the link to the R/T pic would that help you out? :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
edit: deleted pic of R/T interior as not to confuse tonycpsu

if I deleted the link to the R/T pic would that help you out?
No, but it'd make you a prick. Mission accomplished.

You may indeed be right about the cupholders being bigger (they are indeed different, but I'm not so sure the SE ones are larger.) That doesn't give you license to be an ass about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tonycpsu said:
edit: deleted pic of R/T interior as not to confuse tonycpsu

if I deleted the link to the R/T pic would that help you out?
No, but it'd make you a prick. Mission accomplished.

You may indeed be right about the cupholders being bigger (they are indeed different, but I'm not so sure the SE ones are larger.) That doesn't give you license to be an ass about it.

maybe so... but sorry that I like to find things out about vehicles without being asked why this or why that... I tend to do more research then most on "usefull" things... I guess that is why I was the first to post a link to the auto headlight mod, and asked the question about the hood prop mod.... maybe I should just try to figure these things I notice out myself, and not post them on the forum to aid others.

In the club for the current vehicle I have, I have done electrical mods to the BCM on over 60 vehicles from 3 states, at no charge for my work, or the parts. And aid those that ask about mods in any way I can, even if it is over the phone to someone 2000 miles away... plus I have been a first to try products and helped manufacturers prototype parts that people wanted that did not fit right on our vehicle, and in echange for my work and time, I get one free... but keep in mind, these are usefull mods, not $1000 hoods... so the cost of the products is not much... maybe get a $20 part free for 6 hours of tearing into my truck and using die grinders, band saws and milling machines to make somethin work.

So if you think I am a prick, fine... put me on ignore and dont benifit from any information I find that may be of interest.....

Granted not everyone is going to do every mod brought forth, but if you have never looked at the cupholders in an R/T or an SE, or any other model other then pics... then dont sit there and say you dont think that in the pic of the cupholders thats in view, are probably the same size as the ones that are under the cover in the pics I supplied....

here is another pic of the SE cupholders... but in a modded magnum....
http://www.streetsourcemag.com/uploads/Ownerprofiles/gumby/6132005105341PM19341.jpg

the reason I post on here and not just go look myself, when I have been to the dealer up the road from me I ordered my charger through... all they ever have is R/T's thus far, so I have nothing to compare it to, other then in pics... and guessing that those who have an SE or SXT, thier dealer probably had R/Ts at the time they shopped as well...

I could be wrong, I have been many time before... but as they say, there is no such thing as a stupid question... only stupid answers.....

Sorry for trying to find out something that may be of interest to others on here as well....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,051 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
ok in photo's posted by JayR06, I noticed that the cupholders looked different then in the R/T's I have seen...

So I snooped around on dodge.com to see if there were different cup-holders...

There are.......

here is a pic that dodge has as an interior shot of an SE.

http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/vimg/eal/eal_images/43/SB06_LXDH48_2DE_E7D1.jpg



the R/T has a hinged cover... which I dont dreally car about.... but the SE pic looks like it has larger cup holders then the R/T...

Seeing as how the R/T cupholders are useless for anything more then a 12 oz soda can... if the SE cup Holders are larger, I will be changing them out....


edit: deleted pic of R/T interior as not to confuse tonycpsu
I tested the Charger cupholder with a large from Chuckbox and it was fine. This was in an SXT, and I don't recall if it had the cover. They all look the same to me, I think you're underrating the capacity of the R/T version. I've sat in all three trim levels, and I'd bet the cupholders are all the same (except for the cover).
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top