Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was the first Annual Teleagraph Cruise. For those not familiar, the Detroit area has wonderful turnouts with the Woodward Dream Cuise, the Downriver Cruise, and many others. We dusted off the 69 Camaro (Z28) and started for the cruise. We didn't get a mile before we had turn back due to a problem (brakes). My 66 Tempest was way too dirty and having just buffed the 69, I didn't feel like cleaning so my wife just smiled and we jumped in her new 06 Charger (Daytona Go Mango) and off we went.

Well, we hit Telegraph and and you wouldn't believe how many people kept pointing at our car. My wife then insisted we turn off the air and roll down the windows so we could hear what people were saying to us as we slowly cruised the right hand lane. I was suprised at all the compliments we received. My wife then pronounced that she was getting more looks in the new Charger than I would in the Camaro. I slapped her playfully on the arm and said very sternly that wasn't true and not to ever say that again! But it could possibly have been true, although I'd never admit that to her, lol. An old Challenger (71?) came up next to us and asked what number our car was. She informed them we had #204 and they said they had #87! That was pretty cool. We parked for a while and people kept coming over to the car to check it out. A number of people asked us how we liked it and said they wanted one or were going to order one. It caught many an eye this day and I came to the conclusion that this modern day muscle car was as desireous as many of the old muscle cars out there.

Murunga
ps, as she allowed me to drive home after dinner, we were on a road that narrowed to one lane. I was going to slow down to let the gal next to us over, but my wife said " just go". Well, I put the pedal down, the car roared and we just flew by! My wife was laughing and said the gal next next to us just grinned ear to ear and backed off when I nailed it, lol.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That is an awesome story!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
AWESOME STORY! I can`t wait to experience days like that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts