Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, we all know the cruise control lever is in the dumbest spot the could find. But today I noticed for the first time, there is a hole on the right hand side of the steering wheel where the cruise control lever "should be". My question is, what is usually there? why the access hole?

While I'm at it.. on what are the two blanks typically used for next to the hazard and esp buttons over the radio? I thought I had all options, but was curious why they have blanks.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
These cars are sold overseas, hence driver side on the right.

Since these are basically an LX platform, the Magnum has rear window wiper controls. Just use same panel.

Btw, I actually like the lever set-up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
anybody who's driven a 'Benz would be instantly at home with the cruise control stalk where it is...
same parts bin...

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
OK, we all know the cruise control lever is in the dumbest spot the could find. But today I noticed for the first time, there is a hole on the right hand side of the steering wheel where the cruise control lever "should be". My question is, what is usually there? why the access hole?

While I'm at it.. on what are the two blanks typically used for next to the hazard and esp buttons over the radio? I thought I had all options, but was curious why they have blanks.
I believe it is also there for the Police models for the shifter.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The lever, while in the same location, is different in my '07 than it was in my '06 Charger. In the '06, it was bent differently and did not block the view of the guage.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Rumor on the street is that they are moving the cruise stalk to the right side of the steering column for 08 due to people not liking it on the left. I spent the first week grabbing it thinking it was the turn signal....:confused:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Rumor on the street is that they are moving the cruise stalk to the right side of the steering column for 08 due to people not liking it on the left. I spent the first week grabbing it thinking it was the turn signal....:confused:
x2 I do that all the time :confused:

·
Registered
933 Posts
I kinda like the cruise control stick...reminds me of the mercedes i used to drive...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes, Mopar fixed that problem - the cruise control is now on the right side of the steering column on the '08 models!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
For me its just fine where its at, I just use my middle finger to adjust it when I need to.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I actually like where the cruise control is. Very easy to move my hand up to use it. Much better than any other car I was looking at.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
My last car was a Benz so I like where it is, very ergonomic.
It's very convenient to keep the stalk between my middle and
ring finger while my hands are on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
455 Posts
OK, we all know the cruise control lever is in the dumbest spot the could find.
Actually, we don't all know that. ITS THE BEST SPOT for the Cruise Control. Its been that way in Mercedes-Benz since the 70's. If it's good enough for high end Mercedes....then its more than good enough for our chargers.

Being that I have owned Mercedes over the years.... I was pleased that the cruise control would be the same in the Charger.

I can not stand the way most American Cruise control are. They are awful!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yes, Mopar fixed that problem - the cruise control is now on the right side of the steering column on the '08 models!
That's not a fix....that's straight up stupidity on their part. Anyone complaining....should just go back to driving cheap American cars from GM or Ford.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts