Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hear many people saying they're going to buy the new mustang. If you are really considering the new mustang theres something wrong, i dont care if the charger is the biggest piece of junk in the world.
Don't buy poorly performing mustang out of spite, they are horrible. Sorta neat looking, i give them that, but still outperformed by a 98 camaro or firebird in acceleration, brakeing, and handleing.
Its taken them 11 years to surpass the 93 camaro/firebird. Im saying this and i hate f-bodys, you should only buy a mustang if you're a female or you are one of those fairly common mustang cult people that thinks a base 6 banger mustang is faster then a viper.

My brother has a 69 mustang, thats a real car. Him and i are both pissed off that ford is slapping that legendary image on their new junker. To me the mustang died in 74.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think the new 26 grand mustang V8 is a nice car...

Next years high performance version should be even more exciting if a few bucks more.

Fords doing a good job but the real sales volumes in four doors..

Dodge is on track..

Lets wait and see the real deal before we decide if its a winner or loser..

JMO

·
Registered
9 Posts
I totally respect your opinion, and your loyalty to dodge. But when you save every friggin dime for 5yrs waiting on something to come, and it comes out a ugly duckling what are we supposed to do? I was born with dodge. At 33 i was the dukes of hazzard kid loyalist. My parents all own dodge, my uncle had a roadrunner. There was nobody in my whole family reunion without a dodge. Right now as i speak i have a 03 ram hemi RC for me, and a QC Ram hemi for my wife. Both sitting in the driveway. I am a total Dodge loyal all the way. If they wanna keep me that way then take that Charger badge off that peice of shit grocery getter, and wait till they design something worthy of that badge. Thats all i ask. If they cant do that then i am getting me a stang. They understand styling. Obviously Dodge does not. My Dad would roll over in his grave if he saw this new charger! Thats the truth!! Lets remake bullet. Lets put the new stang, and the new charger in it. Oh nevermind, the charger had to stop to pick the kids up from school, and then groceries. What a ****ing joke.. Dont preach to me nothing. It dont warrant the charger badge whatsoever!!! Everyone knows it..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Budman said:
Lets remake bullet. Lets put the new stang, and the new charger in it. Oh nevermind, the charger had to stop to pick the kids up from school, and then groceries.
Yeah, somehow I don't see those two hitmen in the new Charger. Then again, they'd blend in so well with their new four door that Frank Bullitt would never spot them. You sure couldn't say that about the old Charger. And that's the beauty of it . . .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Stevasaurus said:
Yeah, somehow I don't see those two hitmen in the new Charger. Then again, they'd blend in so well with their new four door that Frank Bullitt would never spot them. You sure couldn't say that about the old Charger. And that's the beauty of it . . .
HA! That actually made me laugh.

In Bullitt, was I the only one who lost respect for the Mustang when only one wheel spun while chasing the hitmen?

·
Registered
37 Posts
SlickerSRT said:
HA! That actually made me laugh.

In Bullitt, was I the only one who lost respect for the Mustang when only one wheel spun while chasing the hitmen?
Nope. I definitely noticed too. No wonder he had such a hard time hooking up. In real life when the camera wasn't rolling, the Mustang was no match for the Charger. I read an article about that once. If I can find it, I'll post the link.

I still watch that scene over and over, seeing that same VW Beetle from every camera angle, listening to Bullitt's seemingly 10 speed transmission. I know you can't wear out a portion of a DVD like you can a videocassette by watching over and over, but I put that car chase chapter to the test. (Chapter 6, I think?) And the best thing is that the rest of the movie is good too. Not to mention Jackie Bisset in that Porsche 356 . . . Damn!!!

Uh-Oh. I think I just hijacked the thread. My bad.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Stevasaurus said:
Nope. I definitely noticed too. No wonder he had such a hard time hooking up. In real life when the camera wasn't rolling, the Mustang was no match for the Charger. I read an article about that once. If I can find it, I'll post the link.

I still watch that scene over and over, seeing that same VW Beetle from every camera angle, listening to Bullitt's seemingly 10 speed transmission. I know you can't wear out a portion of a DVD like you can a videocassette by watching over and over, but I put that car chase chapter to the test. (Chapter 6, I think?) And the best thing is that the rest of the movie is good too. Not to mention Jackie Bisset in that Porsche 356 . . . Damn!!!

Uh-Oh. I think I just hijacked the thread. My bad.
Yeah, my dad was in love with the movie, and the first time I watched it I kept pointing out how he was passing the same part. Ever notice how smashed up that Mustang was even before Bullitt wrecked the car?

Anywho, it's still fun to watch!

Jackie Bisset in Porsche 356, two glorious birds, one glorious stone.

·
Registered
291 Posts
moparkid1966 said:
I hear many people saying they're going to buy the new mustang. If you are really considering the new mustang theres something wrong, i dont care if the charger is the biggest piece of junk in the world.
Don't buy poorly performing mustang out of spite, they are horrible. Sorta neat looking, i give them that, but still outperformed by a 98 camaro or firebird in acceleration, brakeing, and handleing.
Its taken them 11 years to surpass the 93 camaro/firebird. Im saying this and i hate f-bodys, you should only buy a mustang if you're a female or you are one of those fairly common mustang cult people that thinks a base 6 banger mustang is faster then a viper.

My brother has a 69 mustang, thats a real car. Him and i are both pissed off that ford is slapping that legendary image on their new junker. To me the mustang died in 74.
LOL.....:D

"300-HP ! Is that all she has CAPTAIN?"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts