Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow I've wiggled out of my straightjacket to let everyone know that I think my insanity is over. I had ordered a Daytona a couple months back and had gotten so depressed with not knowing the true build status that I wound up buying a Ram Datona instead. That changed. Sitting in my garage is number 1047 of 4000 Dodge Daytona Charger. Yes sir, I took back the truck and got the car. Whew! That was close.

For all those others with yors on order, take my advice, have patience because the wait is definitely worth it!

Nothing like the smell of a HEMI early in the morning!

·
Registered
177 Posts
You're not the only one going crazy over the Daytona. Last night i dreamed I had gotten mine and drove it home. Then I woke up and no Daytona :cry:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Either he had a very understanding dealer that worked with him to make it happen because he wanted the Charger Daytona so bad, or he got taken to the cleaners because he wanted the Charger Daytona so bad...lol. Either way, glad you have what you wanted so badly, enjoy it!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
plugray said:
You're not the only one going crazy over the Daytona. Last night i dreamed I had gotten mine and drove it home. Then I woke up and no Daytona :cry:
Now thats a NIGHTMARE!!!!!! :asleep:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, basically my Dealer did understand but not without a price to pay for my stupidity. So, call it a dumbass fee on my invoice to the tune of $2500. But you know what? My father-in-law (and I do admire his steadfast devotion to Chevrolet) possessed an '84 Monte Carlo SS and loved it for years. Then, obviously he got a little older and so did the car and he wound up needing another new car. So, he saw an Impala SS (with the Vette motor) and fell in automotive lust again. His son balked and told him he was too old and the Impala was impractical for a man his age. Regrettably, he did not buy it and laments even to this day. I'll be damned if I make the same mistake. $2500, tough on me but I have exactly what I ordered and will drive this Daytona till it rots...nuff said

·
Registered
732 Posts
Congrats, you made the right decision my friend.

Rod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts