Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, lady decided to ruin my whole day and hurt Pricilla pretty bad.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1388116392.296574.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1388116410.454684.jpg

Nobody hurt, unless you count my wife (I was following home) who saw the accident in the rear view, pulled over, jumped out and proceeded to run back towards me and managed to fall and sprain an ankle.

Anyway the lady in the other car came over on me on the beltway. Sucks to think this way, but hope the car is totaled. Really don't want to deal with repairs.

This blows.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
2013 is too new to be totaled from that kind of damage. Sorry, but you are going to have to live with going through the repair process. Sucks, I know. ;

My 2006 got rear ended in 2008 and I went through the pain. In the end, all was well and it's as good as new today as it was the day I bought it.

Attachments

·
Registered
707 Posts
Glad you're ok. Wish your wife a fast recovery with that ankle. Hope you get your car fixed the way you want it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it was totaled. $35k+ damage. They said it was nearly all due to the front suspension being totally obliterated. Found out earlier this week. Insurance company took ownership a few days ago. Waiting on a copy of the check as the final piece of the puzzle to send to GAP. Now I'm driving a 2001 surburban. Awesome. Wife is pretty much recovered. The bright side is I'll be moving to my new spread the end of the month. Hmmmm maybe a new tractor can replace Pricilla. (That was her name). Oh well I did find some good info on these boards for the few months I owned her, so with that said, thanks and keep it rubber side down.

I'm out.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Well it was totaled. $35k+ damage. They said it was nearly all due to the front suspension being totally obliterated. Found out earlier this week. Insurance company took ownership a few days ago. Waiting on a copy of the check as the final piece of the puzzle to send to GAP. Now I'm driving a 2001 surburban. Awesome. Wife is pretty much recovered. The bright side is I'll be moving to my new spread the end of the month. Hmmmm maybe a new tractor can replace Pricilla. (That was her name). Oh well I did find some good info on these boards for the few months I owned her, so with that said, thanks and keep it rubber side down.

I'm out.
Thanks for the update!

What vehicle are you considering next?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

I'm out.

Wow! I am a little surprised it was so much but I am guessing the unibody was fubar'd. Were you happy with the $35k? I would have asked for new replacement value (2014 SRT) in lieu of a medical claim. Any lawyer would have been able to get you that.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! I am a little surprised it was so much but I am guessing the unibody was fubar'd. Were you happy with the $35k? I would have asked for new replacement value (2014 SRT) in lieu of a medical claim. Any lawyer would have been able to get you that.
The pics I took don't look as bad as the actual damage. The adjuster told me since it was around $35k damage to the car, they were going to total it, so it didn't really matter to me. No medical claim. I'm jonesin' already so I don't know how long I can go before I buy a new one to be honest.

·
Registered
909 Posts
$35k is what he was told it would cost to repair the vehicle... He did not mention how much he will be receiving from the insurance company. I'd say probably somewhere around $42k is what the insurance company will give him for his car.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$35k is what he was told it would cost to repair the vehicle... He did not mention how much he will be receiving from the insurance company. I'd say probably somewhere around $42k is what the insurance company will give him for his car.
That's pretty close.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
The pics I took don't look as bad as the actual damage. The adjuster told me since it was around $35k damage to the car, they were going to total it, so it didn't really matter to me. No medical claim. I'm jonesin' already so I don't know how long I can go before I buy a new one to be honest.
So you don't know how much you are getting yet? My guess is they will give you wholesale or probably well under $30k. This is what prompted my sister to get an attorney. They were going to give her $1800 on a 3 year old car. She ended up getting over $8000 for the car plus another $8000 for medical P&S. The attorney took around $5k total so well worth it. If you haven't called an attorney yet, look into it. The insurance company will laugh at you but will pay an attorney. I hate to say it but they MAKE you get an attorney by screwing you over.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So you don't know how much you are getting yet? My guess is they will give you wholesale or probably well under $30k. This is what prompted my sister to get an attorney. They were going to give her $1800 on a 3 year old car. She ended up getting over $8000 for the car plus another $8000 for medical P&S. The attorney took around $5k total so well worth it. If you haven't called an attorney yet, look into it. The insurance company will laugh at you but will pay an attorney. I hate to say it but they MAKE you get an attorney by screwing you over.
They're paying $45k.

·
Registered
575 Posts

I'm out.

Come back! Come back! Do you want to look like this on your tractor?:

Not to mention sue the crash creator for P&S for wife's sprained ankle!

They're paying $45k.
Holy schhhmoley! :bowdown: Who's your insurance carrier, if I may ask?

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts