Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I would like to request your opinions on this matter. I have a 2month old and4,000 miles on my Charger SRT. I was washing it down yesterday when I decided to check the oil since I havent done so yet, the thought occured to me as I wanted to get the first oil change done this week. Well when I checked it was low on oil, later to find out it was a total of 2qts low. :knockout:

Now these engines take 7 total qts, do you think I burn 2qts during break in?, Was I doing damage to the engine?

I am afriad that I might have done some damage, but didnt know if this would be ok, Im sure not ideal, but ok. I never got an oil light to come on. Should I say something to the dealership when I take it in?

What do you guys think.

Thanks alot in advance

JDO

·
Registered
575 Posts
It is completely normal for these cars to use some oil during the first few thousand miles. And from what I've read here, the car has been tested at fairly higher and lower than normal levels of oil with no ill effect to the engine.

So I doubt you have done any harm to your engine. You do need to get the oil changed. And keep an eye on the level more often - to make sure you don't have a more significant problem. Also, make sure you aren't leaking oil from anywhere....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts