Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, going down the road from our house. Cop pulled me over and gave me a verbal warning. Which I do admit, my lights are extremely dark. I'm glad I had just bought a new set from another member on here. I'll put those new ones on and sand these down to have the tran paint them for me.

Just sucks. I always get my balls busted for this kind of stuff. I'm not ever doing anything wrong. And it's always either my license plate, or my tail lights. And to think, I just spent a whole day tinting the lights.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Yep, going down the road from our house. Cop pulled me over and gave me a verbal warning. Which I do admit, my lights are extremely dark. I'm glad I had just bought a new set from another member on here. I'll put those new ones on and sand these down to have the tran paint them for me.

Just sucks. I always get my balls busted for this kind of stuff. I'm not ever doing anything wrong. And it's always either my license plate, or my tail lights. And to think, I just spent a whole day tinting the lights.
i went with the gts covers in fear of this, id just keep your blacked out tails for shows and swap em out when they end or get the covers for your new ones

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts

That sucks, but dude... the woe is me thing doesn't fly. "Which I do admit, my lights are extremely dark" doesn't go well with "I'm not ever doing anything wrong." Just saying. I'm sympathetic, but it's not like you're innocent.

I've got my cans of VHT (finally, after a year!) and I'm taking my time planning this. Mine are going to be very light for this precise reason.

·
Registered
333 Posts
My tails are as dark as my car. Ive got the LED's so they shine right through no problems. I was told by local law enforcement that as long as they emit red I was in good shape :D

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sucks, but dude... the woe is me thing doesn't fly. "Which I do admit, my lights are extremely dark" doesn't go well with "I'm not ever doing anything wrong." Just saying. I'm sympathetic, but it's not like you're innocent.

I've got my cans of VHT (finally, after a year!) and I'm taking my time planning this. Mine are going to be very light for this precise reason.
Oh, I know I was in the wrong. When I did them, I did it way too dark. As soon as I realized how dark they were, I started searching for some. I've got another set on the way. Ordered Friday. Just don't have another vehicle to drive until they come in, so I've gotta drive around illegally. Between that and my front plate, it's usually why I get pulled over. Which, I refuse to put on my front plate. Which, of course, I know is illegal. But by not ever doing anything wrong, I mean I don't drink and drive, do drugs, make crazy fast lane changes, street race, or anything like that. I just wanna drive a good looking car.

As far as the GTS light covers go, I like them alot, but can't bring myself to have that velcro showing when I'm not using them.

Like the other guy said, I'll just have a set for show, and a set for my daily driving. Bad thing is, I see people all the time driving around with tail lights like mine, but they've got big chrome wheels, so I think it throws them off. But being that my car is all black, I think it's just a target all the time.

·
Registered
804 Posts
whats this whole deal with tinted taillights i want to do them so bad but i heard from a friend that its a moving violation and i do not need another point on my record can somebody clear this up for me?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I don't think its a moving violation at all. Just a fix it ticket. Those are never accompanied with points. Than again laws vary from state to state so you might want to check your local laws on this.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I don't think its a moving violation at all. Just a fix it ticket. Those are never accompanied with points. Than again laws vary from state to state so you might want to check your local laws on this.
i think they'll give you like 3 repair tickets (and it goes on record it was your car and what it was for) and if you get the same thing 3 times they take it further

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Crap, man. The stocks should be there today according to the tracking.

·
Registered
518 Posts
i think they'll give you like 3 repair tickets (and it goes on record it was your car and what it was for) and if you get the same thing 3 times they take it further
You sure? I got pulled over about 4 times for my tint. Only 1 was a warning but the rest had repair tickets and had a random cop sign it off without ever checking the car. They never took it further than that.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
You sure? I got pulled over about 4 times for my tint. Only 1 was a warning but the rest had repair tickets and had a random cop sign it off without ever checking the car. They never took it further than that.
dunno for sure, just something i heard in passing. maybe its only for things like busted tail lights or actual damaged parts or like lights out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts