Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Dodge Charger se and I’ve replaced fuel pump checked relays and fuses replaced spark plugs and I can’t figure it out. Any help is appreciated. It’s throwing codes p2004 p0440 p0441 p06DD p0420

·
Registered
1 Posts
p06dd related to oil pump... but it still would have start - just wont engage the duel stage portion of the oil pump. do you have spark and proper fuel pressure to the engine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
p06dd related to oil pump... but it still would have start - just wont engage the duel stage portion of the oil pump. do you have spark and proper fuel pressure to the engine?
I’ve changed the spark plugs an fuel pump but I can’t hear the fuel pump kicking on at all. It seems like it just isn’t getting fuel. But I am waiting on a friend to test the fuel pressure I’ll update

·
Registered
50 Posts
Get a plastic bottle and put some fuel in it, poke a hole at the top.
Go to the car and remove the air intake to expose the throttle, now let someone start the car while it cranks you do light sprays INTO the throttle, if the car starts then its 100% something related to the fuel.
now if the car starts you have to start ruling out problems, with the engine off and cold. Remove the fuel line at the top of the engine and check if it has fuel in it (be careful its pressurized), secure it in a LARGE bottle and don't start the car just put it the ignition on ON to get the pump going and kill it 10 seconds after.
If fuel is being pumped then the issue is further ahead, if not then the issue is probably the fuel line or fuel pump.

Please make sure you have a compatible pump, I've had the same issue and bought an american made pump that fits and clips but does not work with my car

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it guys. So turns out there was a problem with the wiring harness on fuel pump. Re wired the fuel pump an it cranked right up

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Glass:
Glad to hear you are back up and running. Was it a wiring error on the new pump, or? Did you use oem, or aftermarket for the pump?

Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glass:
Glad to hear you are back up and running. Was it a wiring error on the new pump, or? Did you use oem, or aftermarket for the pump?

Don
I changed the fuel pump but not the wiring harness as first it didn’t crank. So I had some help to change the wiring harness to the fuel pump an it cranked right up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts