Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
They are used to identify the diameter of the crank and which specific bearing shells are needed to keep the clearance in spec... those are some pretty wild ones... I'll see if I can find the decoder...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen a lot of numbers stamped in my life as a mechanic but never symbols like these ones..I would really appreciate your time if you can decode these there some bad voodoo or something with this car dropped a valve so pulled the pan and seen them and freaked out cause I swear this car is tryn to kill me lol

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I have seen a lot of numbers stamped in my life as a mechanic but never symbols like these ones.
The robots in manufacturing like to play pranks when nobody is looking.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Helmet Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Reactions: 3373880172ka

·
Registered
669 Posts
When I was a welder back in the day, we had stamps like that and were expected to place that stamp wherever we laid down a weld so it could be traced back to the person responsible should a problem surface years or decades later. Perhaps this is something like that. The machinist who worked on that piece stamped it?

It's either that or... aliens?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I was a welder back in the day, we had stamps like that and were expected to place that stamp wherever we laid down a weld so it could be traced back to the person responsible should a problem surface years or decades later. Perhaps this is something like that. The machinist who worked on that piece stamped it?

It's either that or... aliens?
Yeah I was leaning towards the aliens...lol I have talked to some of the best mechanics i know they all think the builder of that motor stamped it as the same time they have no clue cause they have never seen symbols stamped on a balancer weight like this numbers yes seenthat a million times thanks for the input

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
Man, I thought this was going to be a thread about tattoos. :)

Reactions: neil4224

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
I have not been able to find a decoder for those symbols yet, but I remember reading about the V6 and what the 1/4 moons where for, I just have to find it... gimme a little more time...it is out there on the intranets someplace....

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Man, I thought this was going to be a thread about tattoos.
Lower those jeans a little more, so we can see the complete tattoo, and we'll have to tag this thread as NSFW.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts