Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else have this happen yet? i was driving along no warning and bam I hear all kinds of noise like something whipping around under the hood. I pull over open the hood and half the belt is GONE. So now its 1/4 inch wide. I whut off the A/C and all accesories I can and go back home. Call dealer and putter the way up there never over 2k on the tach. I pull up and they pull it right into the service bay hell my car only has 800 on it. They wait a while for cooling and reach in and pull the left over belt and notice the crank is not straight with everything else. The reach in and he actaully pulled the bolt out by hand!! Well 10 mins later they said it couldnt have been put on right so they start torque down on the bolt and you see the pulley move in almost half an inch. They install the belt and start er up. No problems. This was the first hes ever seen. He said if I had hit a hole or a bump that bolt would have been gone and my engine bay would have had its ass kicked.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
GoofyGuy said:
anyone else have this happen yet? i was driving along no warning and bam I hear all kinds of noise like something whipping around under the hood. I pull over open the hood and half the belt is GONE. So now its 1/4 inch wide. I whut off the A/C and all accesories I can and go back home. Call dealer and putter the way up there never over 2k on the tach. I pull up and they pull it right into the service bay hell my car only has 800 on it. They wait a while for cooling and reach in and pull the left over belt and notice the crank is not straight with everything else. The reach in and he actaully pulled the bolt out by hand!! Well 10 mins later they said it couldnt have been put on right so they start torque down on the bolt and you see the pulley move in almost half an inch. They install the belt and start er up. No problems. This was the first hes ever seen. He said if I had hit a hole or a bump that bolt would have been gone and my engine bay would have had its ass kicked.
Holy **** dude that's effing terrible.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I had some loose bolts on the pulleys in my 99 dodge ram.... so I am not surprised.... but will not stop me from taking delivery of my Daytona :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
I had some loose bolts on the pulleys in my 99 dodge ram.... so I am not surprised.... but will not stop me from taking delivery of my Daytona :D
OK Granted this is really old, but I had a at the time brand new 94 Dodge Dakota Pickup. Had 50 miles on it and was tking off from a friends house and started the truck. I heard a metal banging sound and heard something rolling out from under the truck. I looked out the side window and saw a pulley rolling down the street. I thought it just rolled under my car from somewhere else. My oil light came on a few seconds later. I drove about a mile to my house and when I popped the hood the main pulley off the engine was gone. The belts were just flapping in the breeze. They had never torqued the bolts in assembly and after a few starts the bolt heads finally sheered off the pulley and found a nice resting place in the radiator. My 5 Star dealer at the time told me and I quote "Man it's just a 10,000 dollar truck, it's not like you bought a Mercedes or something". It has taken me over 10 years to get past my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and go back to Dodge. The Charger has made me a new man and I will be a daily worshiper at the alter of Dodge...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Heh, Heh... reborn again!! praise the Hemi and Dodge...

lammy the reserected.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ron Mexico said:
Heh, Heh... reborn again!! praise the Hemi and Dodge...

lammy the reserected.
I am going to try and get a Non-Taxable status now at the Church of the Dodge and Later day LX's...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts