Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes it happened. I had my car towed to the dealership yesterday and the diagnosis given to me today was that the problem was a cracked head. He went on to tell me that my warranty will cover it and that instead of just replacing the head, that they were going to replace the entire engine. Translation: NEW ENGINE AT 29,000 MILES. YESSSS! :) :) :)

His words were," We want to make sure that the job is done right as opposed of just putting a band-aid on it". I'm grateful and relieved, but now I'm without my baby for at least half a month (engine is on back-order).:cry: :(

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wwwwoooowww. maybe i should crack one of my heads... hehe. u must have one sweet dealer.
That's what I'm saying. I couldn't believe it. I'm thanking my lucky stars at the moment.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I'm thankful I bought mine as a certified used, 8yr 80k powertrain warrenty!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Sounds funny they would OPT to replace the whole engine...WHAT did they say caused the head to crack?? Could be why!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Maybe coolant leaked into the oil system and did further damage?
What were the symptoms? Did it overheat?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Sounds funny they would OPT to replace the whole engine...WHAT did they say caused the head to crack?? Could be why!!
Maybe coolant leaked into the oil system and did further damage?
What were the symptoms? Did it overheat?
That's just it. There were no symptoms of any kind. I turned her on in the morning and she drove just fine. I got to work, turned it off, jumped back in about five minutes later to get some coffee and it wouldn't start up. I tried to give it some gas and it sounded horrible, so I decided to call triple A and get it towed to the dealer.

When he told me it was a cracked head I had asked him, "how could this have happened to a car with so little miles?", he replied, " well there was no signs of overheating or lack of oil, so it could just be a faulty part.". I didn't argue with him because after all, I was getting a free engine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm thankful I bought mine as a certified used, 8yr 80k powertrain warrenty!
I'm with you on that one. I would never turn down the extended coverage on a car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
foot the difference and get that 392
I wonder what that difference would be. It sounds mighty tempting.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Alright, give us the Rental info, and who's footin the bill.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright, give us the Rental info, and who's footin the bill.
They gave me an 07 Sebring convertible for a rental from enterprise. They said that I have full coverage for the rental for 5 days. After that I'm on my own. I think I should fight it and ask for the remainder of the tiime it takes to repair the car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What dealership in the LA area is this? Maybe I will start taking my charger there, I currently dont like my dealership on how they are handling my remote start problem.
I get serviced at Cerritos Dodge.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
but now I'm without my baby for at least half a month (engine is on back-order).:cry: :(
I went crazy not having my car for 5 days when it was in the body shop. I don't think I could make it a half a month, good luck. You might want to consider renting a charger till you get your's back. :grin:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I went crazy not having my car for 5 days when it was in the body shop. I don't think I could make it a half a month, good luck. You might want to consider renting a charger till you get your's back.
I'm already going through a little bit of a Charger depression. I'm used to firing it up in the morning and hearing the growl. Now I have to hear a sissy 4 cylinder start up. No comparison.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
man my car has been on blocks for a month, just finished up on it. just put sewing needle in your leg everytime you want to drive her, youll forget all about it.
<_<
>_>

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.