Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi today I took my niece to school this morning and there was no crack in the windshield , but where I do stay it gets very hot ,so I came back home for a few mins parked out side didn't leave any windows down or cracked to get air in came back out went to the carwash on the way there I noticed a crack in my windsield. no rocks hit it or anything ,I was woundering if anybody has had this problem?? and knows what it is please let me know if you do thanks very much .:(

·
Registered
575 Posts
I would think that heat did not cause that. I live in Okla and it has been very hot here as well (over 100 degrees) and I park my car out in the sun all day while at work, never under trees from fear of falling debris, etc. And I never leave open any of my windows. Never have had a windshield crack on me.

Are you sure there weren't any landscapers or anyone that may have caused some type of debris to hit the windshield to cause the crack while you had the car parked? Or perhaps the crack was there previously and just not noticed? I really think unlikely the heat caused it by itself...

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
I've never heard of a heat-crack, either. Maybe it was a meteorite! :awkward:

Most people's insurance will repair/replace a windshield without even a deductable. Contact your agent... :)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I would think that heat did not cause that. I live in Okla and it has been very hot here as well (over 100 degrees) and I park my car out in the sun all day while at work, never under trees from fear of falling debris, etc. And I never leave open any of my windows. Never have had a windshield crack on me.

Are you sure there weren't any landscapers or anyone that may have caused some type of debris to hit the windshield to cause the crack while you had the car parked? Or perhaps the crack was there previously and just not noticed? I really think unlikely the heat caused it by itself...

I agree. I also live in Oklahoma, keep cars outside in the sun, windows closed and never had one crack.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i am actually a glass installer for safelite..you actually had a rockchip in the windshield and probably didnt notice it that it was in the frit band..the black around the windshield.pressure from inside the car from the heat will actually press up on the inside the glass and make the crack bigger..even if the chip is tiny

·
Registered
230 Posts
yeah what he said.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts