Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to tap into the courtesy light....i am installing 2 under dash light
(by the feet area) that i want to turn on by the courtesy light...where is the best location to tap into???:knockout:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
you dont want them to come on with parking lights instead so they are on at night? Running to courtesy lights they will come on whenever drivers door is open and that would be a lot of times in the daytime which is a waste. Just my opinion

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you dont want them to come on with parking lights instead so they are on at night? Running to courtesy lights they will come on whenever drivers door is open and that would be a lot of times in the daytime which is a waste. Just my opinion
i did think of that but i really didnt want them on at night. i just want themto turn on like the map lights,either when the door opens or if i turn the dimmer switch all the way up!.....:)

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i did think of that but i really didnt want them on at night. i just want themto turn on like the map lights,either when the door opens or if i turn the dimmer switch all the way up!.....:)
I think the whole schematic on the courtesy lights goes through the headlight switch that might be the best place to go . i'll see if i can pull up a schematic .

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
yellow with white tracer coming out of cluster to map lights would work

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
in the passinger side kick panel you will find a yellow wire with a white stripe leading up to the a-piller. use that one as your positive wire and your new lites will come on and off with the dash switch and with the door open/close and with the remote entry

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Dude!! Tap into the shifter indicator light. The wire is right there on the floor console, next to where you'll be installing the lights.

Unless you mean just auxiliary lights? Sorry, I thought you were talking about colored lights.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
in the passinger side kick panel you will find a yellow wire with a white stripe leading up to the a-piller. use that one as your positive wire and your new lites will come on and off with the dash switch and with the door open/close and with the remote entry
AHHHHHA! sweet that is what i was looking for! exactly what i want the lights to do!! thanks all for your help...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts