Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Couple of videos of my Dual Colored Flashtech Halos & Blacked Out Tails&Front Corners

Well ever since i installed my second set of Flashtech Halos with the 2 color circuits folks have been wanting me to post a video of them. and it was until the other day when tresigns and were talking on the phone and i noticed i did have a video function on my regular sony cybershot digicamera. so i went ahead and made a few short videos of how they change colors and since i just recently blacked out my tails and front corners, a lot of you fella's said they were to dark and wanted to see how much light still shined through...... so heres the vids.. sorry the whip is so dirty, been raining everyday for the last 2wks.. rainy season here in florida... let me know what you guys think. thanks in advance.

1. heres the night time joint
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aweHEr7yp_Q

2. and heres a daytime joint from this morning before i work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knHSfewa7hM

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
3. and just another quickie to show how i wired them up to the key fob lock and unlock modes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiGk1Jj_Efs

and on a side note im uploading a vid of the first startup of my 88 hot rod lincoln 5.0 svo fully forged spraying a 2stage system. a 75 shot then a 200.
she was having some carb jetting issues and my dad helped me figure it out. she has just been parked basically for a year about as i was tied up in to many other projects i got goin on right now.. anyway that i got her running again, Im gonna swap all fluids ASAP and take her for a spin an will take some vids of that too... with teh spray and all on one of our back country roads.... She is one fast heavy muhfugger.. runs in the 10.30's.. pretty good for a heavy azz lincoln with the factory ac still running.. LOL everything else is all aftermarket though and even got a track rear end and a street rear end.... this was just the first hot rod that i personally built from the ground up with my father teaching me, starting back in highschool and won my first real competition race my senior year in 99... then i painted it and added plenty of more bolts on before i retired her when i got my 99 C5 vert on 03....

·
Registered
555 Posts
So basicly you just added and set of halos to the set you had on there?

·
Registered
555 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
yeah, you can get them all of them in any 2 colors you want.. i chose 8k and amber.... i used had the all one color versions at first before - which were 10k color i think. and yes chargertrev is right.. all the leds are in fact on the same pcb boards... didnt you watch the videos silly? i showed them up close, just so you could see what they looked like when both colors were fired up and all that jive, ya feel me? the whiteish blue is just so bright though that it is basically drowning out the orange color circuit when fired at the same time.. so when i have just my halos on while i drive and then hit the turn signal, if your more than like say 4ft away then you cant even tell another color is flashing, in my case the orange or amber color because the white over powers them.... so i have been thinking about swapping the power wires and switching up the way i wired them up, so then the orange circuits are the ones that i will run full time when the halos are on, so then when i hit the turn signals, you will mos def see another color flashing in combo simply because the white is so much brighter... if i do it that way and reverse my wiring, then seeing the turn signal colors in combo with the regualr halos on, then i dont see that as being an issue and would be no problem at all and look all pimp and chit of course because thas how i do chit.. pimptastic chit!!!!.

and to tell you the truth, you actually can wire these up however you want to.. you dont even have to run them the way i did... you can just have power switches for each color if you want and thus turn them on whenever you wanted to. however i dont want any more switches in the car than needed because my nitrous system already has enough switches already......i have an carbon fiber arming switch, 2 purge buttons, and also another flip top carbon fiber switch for the arming of my nitrous heater and then i also plan adding a water meth kit for when my turbos finally get finshed and installed as soon as my company decides to start paying for the rest of the stuff, so thats gonna be another switch or 2 for the meth kit... and i also dont want to have various different kinds of switches everywhere either. i or (we) have just started this build exactly 363 days ago when i bought it fresh off the lot with high hopes, just to different.... when i hit 36k, its game over and we are gonna go through with a new fully transformation to begin with, as my company always sponsors me and my cars.. afterall my father owns all of ARC and all its many other divisions-----so when the time comes i will get myself all custom coordinating switches or just call up my buddy Bob at speghetti menders to custom make me a stealthy switch panel thats intergrated somewheres, maybe in the center console or in the glovebox... spegetti menders are the guys we always fly inn to us to one of our machine shops or chassis shiops or just even to my dads huge azz facilty building where he keeps all his cars, motly old classice and also more than a few turn key exotics..... when we are building a top sportmans car or bette but still a fully purpose built race car. we fly them down and have them do all of the wiring and custom harness's and all that are needed.. and so if any of you folks out there on this forum attend the PRI show every year and see always see us displaying our custom manufactured rides and engines and even some of our million dollar cars, such as BMC, RDP motorsports, or even DCX depot i think, and maybe some others here i think. that have come by and intorduce them selves to us..... then the speghetti menders guys are usually are always in the booth or booths right next to ours, or now that we get a peninsula spot because we display our top fuel nitro funny car and also the 2 jet cars throughout the showroom floor now and every year for the past few years, but in short, they are always near one of our display booths... great wiring and switches pros. look them up when you need power to things...

·
Registered
367 Posts
like im not being a hater... but i think you shoulda went eith red and 8k? it would have matched your car better? i mean my interiors all black and orange and i have orange flashtechs and they good with the car. but maybe you should get red and 8k and sell me those ones:)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone and yes black you tails out trey,,, im actuallt sending mines out to stee so he can open them up properly and also add his new tail halos too.. im afraid im gonna mess them up if i do if. and rogue, yeah we can work something out soon ad my themei is also red and black after we do my interior and suede out stuff in in black and red suedel

and on a side nore---i just ordered my rear door lambos from VDI

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
MCB...since you've done the install more than once, how do you remove the adhesive used to stick the halos on or did you not use resin (i think thats what its called)?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts