Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I am planning to add a lil more power to my 13' charger RT, its not that I'm not satisfied, the 5.7 as we all know is very damn powerful, but i want a little extra, maybe even bump it up to 400 hp if possible, as far as budget goes its kinda tight, but I'm saving up as much as I can, so for now I'm looking for a good CAI, I heard LMI is better than the mopar one, so I'm debating on the both, and I also want my exhaust to sound a little louder, not too much, just a milder growl, is there anything i can do without buying an exhaust system to do so? And if i modify the Intake and exhaust do i need to re-tune the engine?

Sorry guys just a noob on this :grin2: :crying:

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
LMI is a good choice

Pull the center muffler, leave the resonators

Diablo tuner

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you please explain pulling the center muffler, where exactly is it located too, because where i live i highly doubt the mechanics will understand what im saying.

Thanks !

·
Registered
352 Posts
You will not need to tune the engine after catback exhuast and intake. But it will help get more power out of the mods with the tune.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Can you please explain pulling the center muffler, where exactly is it located too, because where i live i highly doubt the mechanics will understand what im saying.

Thanks !
Center muffler literally looks like a suitcase.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18598

leave the resonators at the back of the car in place.

For $100 you'll like it or you won't.... but sure beats spending over a grand for a complete exhaust system like Corsa. I was going to go with Corsa, until I spent the $100, and I like the inexpensive solution.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Woow this sounds interesting, so by removing the center muffler the mechanic will build me a straight pipe as a replacement?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think ill go for a diablo trinity, how much horsepower can i get with a custom tune with this tuner? Lets say i just add a CAI only?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
removing the middle muffler does not make it sounds awesome just FYI..

Mine sounds like a Prius
You keep saying that but we still haven't seen any pics of your ride or a sound clip of your exhaust with the suitcase cut out.

NFW a 6.1L sounds like a Prius...even with the stock exhaust.

Unless you don't actually have a 6.1L under the hood.

Just sayin'.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
you removed the center muffler on your '08 SRT and think it sounds like a Prius? Please post the video with sound... I wanna hear this Prius :)

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Hey guys, so I am planning to add a lil more power to my 13' charger RT, its not that I'm not satisfied, the 5.7 as we all know is very damn powerful, but i want a little extra, maybe even bump it up to 400 hp if possible, as far as budget goes its kinda tight, but I'm saving up as much as I can, so for now I'm looking for a good CAI, I heard LMI is better than the mopar one, so I'm debating on the both, and I also want my exhaust to sound a little louder, not too much, just a milder growl, is there anything i can do without buying an exhaust system to do so? And if i modify the Intake and exhaust do i need to re-tune the engine?

Sorry guys just a noob on this :grin2: :crying:
One of the quick and easy ways to get more power, torque and fuel economy as well is to add ACES IV in your gasoline. We always talk about more air with a CAI, but it is the combustion component in the fuel that is most misunderstood.

All the BTU energy in the fuel is already there. The trick is to release it as work and not as wasted heat. The way to do it is utilization of that btu to work and less as heat. As an otto cycle engine like the Hemi has a theoretical maximum efficiency of 46%, getting the realized maximum up even 5 % above normal will create a greater more powerful engine. You are already at 370 hp. 12 to 15 hp using ACES IV won't hurt you at all and doing it for as little as .31 cents over the price of pump gasoline to produce it is cheap and reliable power.

Enjoy the forums and glad you are here!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One of the quick and easy ways to get more power, torque and fuel economy as well is to add ACES IV in your gasoline. We always talk about more air with a CAI, but it is the combustion component in the fuel that is most misunderstood.

All the BTU energy in the fuel is already there. The trick is to release it as work and not as wasted heat. The way to do it is utilization of that btu to work and less as heat. As an otto cycle engine like the Hemi has a theoretical maximum efficiency of 46%, getting the realized maximum up even 5 % above normal will create a greater more powerful engine. You are already at 370 hp. 12 to 15 hp using ACES IV won't hurt you at all and doing it for as little as .31 cents over the price of pump gasoline to produce it is cheap and reliable power.

Enjoy the forums and glad you are here!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

Sorry for the late replies, this product sounds interesting, so do i just add it in my fuel tank as simple as that, or is there a specific proccess to do so? Because i think it is quite tough to get this product shipped to my country....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Center muffler literally looks like a suitcase.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18598

leave the resonators at the back of the car in place.

For $100 you'll like it or you won't.... but sure beats spending over a grand for a complete exhaust system like Corsa. I was going to go with Corsa, until I spent the $100, and I like the inexpensive solution.
Pics don't work on that thread. Got any others? I am going to do this as well and want to give it to the shop just to cover my tracks.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Pics don't work on that thread. Got any others? I am going to do this as well and want to give it to the shop just to cover my tracks.
Sorry about that :(

It's called a suitcase muffler... because it literally looks like a suitcase. Located in the center of the vehicle. Costs approx $100 to cut it out and replace it with straight pipes. You'll want to keep the resonators at the back of the vehicle, as those dampen the drone. What's drone? You'll know it when you hear it. Think of that hangover when even wall creaking hurts your head.

For $100 if it works, great. If it doesn't, go ahead and spend over the grand to get the Corsa exhaust. IMHO, this mod sounds 93.5% as good as the Corsa exhaust. But, I'm too cheap for that extra small percentage.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Sorry about that :(

It's called a suitcase muffler... because it literally looks like a suitcase. Located in the center of the vehicle. Costs approx $100 to cut it out and replace it with straight pipes. You'll want to keep the resonators at the back of the vehicle, as those dampen the drone. What's drone? You'll know it when you hear it. Think of that hangover when even wall creaking hurts your head.

For $100 if it works, great. If it doesn't, go ahead and spend over the grand to get the Corsa exhaust. IMHO, this mod sounds 93.5% as good as the Corsa exhaust. But, I'm too cheap for that extra small percentage.
Just to be clear, the center muffler on the '06-'10 Charger is called a suitcase because it looks like this (just in front of the rear wheels)...

On the '11 and up vehicles, there is a separate muffler on each side in the same location...

Attachments

Reactions: Sami

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Thanks DD!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Woow thanks for the images guys, they really helped !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts