Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, my setup so far is flowmaster duel cat back, K&N intake and 91oct diablo tune ... With that being said...
I have been looking for some good headers, with an equally good price, which has been hard to find. I found the MotoBlue Long tube headers, but have read some back and forth posts about whether or not to get them. The price is obviously unbeatable for the lt headers, at $409 before shipping, but all the threads have the same thing in common, the guys that ordered them never responded to say how they liked them.
Also, any good advice on a throttle body? As with the headers, every thread is as confusing and argumentative as the last, any proven gains from bolt on throttle body(85-90mm)?

Thank you.

·
Registered
909 Posts
If you're going to do headers, my suggestion would be to spend the money and get a set of high quality ones. It's a b*tch of a job to do headers on these cars, so you'll want to spend the money and do it all right the first time. Generally speaking, cheaper headers are not near as precisely made as good quality ones, and often have figment issues. Also, I doubt they are ceramic coated, so more than likely they will begin rusting shortly after you install them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand buying name brand parts, I'm all for it, but I've read from other members, of other forums as well, that they are high quality, just hoping to find someone that's all ready installed them. I know there was a guy that had them on a GT Mustang, said they worked great ... But it's a Mustang.
This is the link to them, they seem legit.
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/focus17.htm

But if the general consensus is to just shell out the $1,500 and buy headers for the name, then I will go that route. Got her parked in the garage with nice new drag radials, waiting for some new parts, so I can save up for them. Driving around in my '81 Datsun 210 to keep the miles low on my Bee.

Probably going to go with Krook LT, and was contemplating a new throttle body, not ported, an actual 85mm.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Best long tube headers for these cars are Kooks are American Racing Headers. Don't forget the high flow mid-pipes if you are keeping catalytic converters. I suggest Solo high flows. You get what you pay for. I would also replace the K & N with a LMI true CAI.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
I run Kooks and have for about 4 years and have not on negative thing to say about them... And I am a very picky person.

As for TB, I have never seen someone post dyne plus before and after a new TB ONLY. So I cannot tell you how much of a difference this mode alone makes.

I do know that it helped in my current setup that include a SC. But I didn't feel that there was a real need before FI.

I would add Kooks LT Headers to your setup and have a reputable tuner work their magic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am currently running the diablo predator, and I have frequent access to a Dyno which is how I know that the canned tune from it dropped my HP but added torque. I plan on switching to the intune when I get headers. Thanks for all the input guys, kook lt headers it is.
And the tb, I agree I've seen nothing saying it was worth the money without boosting, I plan on getting it with my turbos and cam. But that's on my to-buy list, headers and a new tuner are next.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts