Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Your SRT-4 could fit in the trunk of my Charger. And that still leaves the back seat open for your girlfriend. ;)

Joking aside, the BBS search feature is your friend:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1048

The gist of that thread is that a stock R/T and a stock SRT-4 will go neck-and-neck, so it comes down to the driver. Both are good cars that are aimed at different markets, so why bother comparing them? Just enjoy what you got.

·
Registered
226 Posts
A stock R/T has the 5.7L Hemi that has 340 Horsepower, as your SRT-4 has 230

The V6 is the Se and SXT, which is both base models

Again, it all comes down to whos the better driver. Itll be a very close race, as both the R/T and SRT-4 both run similar quarter times stock.

John

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
If your SRT-4 makes 19 lb of boost, yes, it could smoke a Charger. Stock-for-stock, an SRT-4 and Charger R/T are about equal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My car is far from stock. I'm in vegas. I push about 21 psi and the car is a great car.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Your SRT-4 could fit in the trunk of my Charger. And that still leaves the back seat open for your girlfriend.
Funiest stuff I have read in a LONG TIME! :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Hey 19, welcome to the board. Nobody here has a -8 yet, our variants won't be produced til Sept.

Now the 300C and Magnum guys are gettig theirs already.

300cforums.com
lxforums.com for the magnum guys.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You shouldn't let your SRT smoke. It's bad for it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The Srt-4 Runs In Af/s Class In Nhra Stock Elemantor. The Index Is 14.15 There Is A Guy At The National Meet In Minn That Is Number 10 Qualifer At 13.12 And In The Stock Classes You Cant Run Any Stage But What The Car Came With From The Factory As Advertised With There Hp Rating. U Can Run Headers-blueprinted Engine-any Clutch-any Gearsing- NO WASTE GATE MODS- HAVE TO RUN STOCK TB- HAVE TO RUN STOCK WASTE GATE- Slicks And Get The Car To Shipping Weight Which Is 2862. THE SRT-8 CHARGER WILL RUN IN C/SA OR D/SA WHICH HAS AN CLASS INDEX OF 11.70 AND 11.85 WHICH WOULD NOT BE HARD TO GET TO FOR ANY SRT-8. SO IF YOU TOOK BOTH CARS STOCK AND RAN THEM ON THERE CLASS INDEXES THE CHARGER SRT-8 WOULD HAVE TO GIVE THE SRT-4 A 2.45 SECOND HEAD START.BEING THAT THE SRT-4 RUNS CLOSER TO ITS INDEX IT WOULD WIN. NOW THE CHARGER R/T WITH 350 HP WOULD RUN IN E/SA AND THE INDEX THERE IS 12.00. THE CHARGER R/T WOULD HAVE TO GIVE THE SRT-4 A 2.15 SECOND HEARD START AND WITH THE SRT-4 STILL CLOSEST TO ITS INDEX IT WOULD WIN. I HOPED THIS HELPED ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts