Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if it has been discussed before, but I dont remember ever seeing it before. I was just wondering if $75 for 3 dyno pulls is a good rate? or $50 for 2 pulls? (called a local shop and thats what they quoted me) i'm tryin to get a baseline stock dyno... while i'm still stock hehehe:twisted:

·
Registered
898 Posts
its a good price i paid somewhere around 90 bucks for my 3 pulls here in mexico, and its a gread idea to get a baseline if you're gonna start some serious modding to see where you are going. :)

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I've paid $75 for 3 pulls. I think $75 for 3 pulls is about average. I think one pull at the shop I go to is $30.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright, thanks. is there anything i need to bring? i know people have rituals they perform at the track for cooling it down and stuff, but i'm guessing i dont need to do anything special for a couple dyno pulls right? or is there anything i should keep track of? like temperature or DA or somethin?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
alright, thanks. is there anything i need to bring? i know people have rituals they perform at the track for cooling it down and stuff, but i'm guessing i dont need to do anything special for a couple dyno pulls right? or is there anything i should keep track of? like temperature or DA or somethin?
75 is kinda high...

try and get a group dyno party going.

here in DFW there are several places that will work with you on a price.

one place the DFW group have used a few times charges us 30 bucks for a group to do 3 base pulls with no tuning involved.

http://www.speedtek.net/speedtek_dyno.html

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Make sure the price includes A/F.

·
Registered
507 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Ya, Air/Fuel is a very important part of a dyno. When you start modding, you want to make sure this ratio is at a safe level etc.... Your dyno tech will explain it to you.

·
Registered
794 Posts
There is a shop near me that does 3 pulls for $60. Includes the A/F reading.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Anyone know of any shops in southern VA? Promo is a bit of a drive for me, but if there will be another big dyno day before it gets too cold, keep me on the list.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Anyone know of any shops in southern VA? Promo is a bit of a drive for me, but if there will be another big dyno day before it gets too cold, keep me on the list.
You should have plenty of dynos down in your area... Tuning is a different aspect down there though... for that it may be worth the drive!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Hey soccer, I went to ABacus Racing in Virginia Beach to have mine done, BBuutt, diablo has a dealer tuner somewhere in the Hampto/norfolk/beach area, I saw it on there website after I went, Wish I would of known, didn't have a tuner with experience in Diablo at there (abacus)shop. OH well, hidesight is 20/20.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hey soccer, I went to ABacus Racing in Virginia Beach to have mine done, BBuutt, diablo has a dealer tuner somewhere in the Hampto/norfolk/beach area, I saw it on there website after I went, Wish I would of known, didn't have a tuner with experience in Diablo at there (abacus)shop. OH well, hidesight is 20/20.
Call the CMR dealer and see if they bought the DCX Package... It just got released on Friday and not all tuners have purchased it... It has a steep price tag!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just power pulls for now. i'll definitely be getting a predator, but it'll probably be in a couple months so then i might want tuning.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts