Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question to everyone...How much is everyone paying for their oil...Let me be more specific - 0w40? (per quart)

I went to the dealer-not because I wanted to-and bought 7 quarts at almost $10.00/quart. How much are you paying and where do you get yours.

Thanks

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just a quick question to everyone...How much is everyone paying for their oil...Let me be more specific - 0w40? (per quart)

I went to the dealer-not because I wanted to-and bought 7 quarts at almost $10.00/quart. How much are you paying and where do you get yours.

Thanks
Well, I can get my dealer to do the actual change with Mobil-1 0w40 for about $59 plus tax. (you just bring in your dealership oilchange coupon, even if it's for dino oil, and ask the service guy what they charge for synthetic).

I think the guys that buy from Autozone are paying between $5 -$7 a quart, sometimes they get coupons too.

·
Registered
523 Posts
You will normally pay $6-$7 qt at any local auto store. My dealership charges $75 total for an oil change.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I usually get it for $5.99/quart from Advanced Auto Parts.. They usually never have enough. WalMart is almost ALWAYS out of it, too.

Buy it online if you can, in bulk, and save $$$$..

Edit: I can't seem to find any awesome deals right now, but I found this one.. $6.99/quart plus $7.95 shipping no matter how many you order.. So if you order like 4 oil changes worth it is good savings (no tax, almost no shipping)..

http://www.autobarn.net/oil44877.html

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I got mine on base for $6.50/quart with NO tax.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I usually buy mine when it's on sale. No matter if I need it or not. (I guess I'll NEED it sometime.) On sale, I usually get it for between $4 to $5. Last week, I bought some (Mobil One) from Advance Auto. $29.95 for 5 quarts plus a Mobil One High Performance oil filter.

Normally, the Mobil One oil filters are around $10 (and they are black like the factory oil filters!!). So, if I subtract $10 from $30 and divide by 5, I get $4 a quart. Not a bad deal, NO?

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
About $7 a quart. The dealer will change the oil using what I provided for about $15. To me, that's a deal. Especially since they have a record of it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
About $7 a quart. The dealer will change the oil using what I provided for about $15. To me, that's a deal. Especially since they have a record of it.
You bring them the oil and filter and all they charge you is $15 to change it!?

In any event, I don't trust dealers with the life-blood of my car. I've seen too many horror stories, ranging from loose bolt to forgetting to put the oil cap back on, to not putting new oil in.. *doh*

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
I pay in the low 5's at Walmart. But, as mentioned above, they run out often. I grab a couple of quarts each time I am in there between oil changes.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yep, just got some last week, $5.80 a quart at Wally World, and nicely, since they are now a Super Wal-Mart, they started carrying Mobil One filters for about $10.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Today Wal-Mart disappointed me again. Every friggin Mobil 1 formula EXCEPT 0w40..

Isn't there some OTHER Mobile 1 blend we're allowed to use? IIRC, the "engine whine" TSB recommended something like 5w50.. But I don't recall ever seeing that anywhere, so it's no help.. :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was at Wally World yesterday and it was $5.69/qt. Advance Auto Parts had a sale a few weeks ago on Mobile 1 Buy 5 quarts and get a free filter for $29.95. I bought 15 quarts and got 3 filters....Not a bad deal at all....

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone...very informative.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
NAPA told me they can't compete with Kragan's price - so I went to Kragan and bought it there. They recently had a sale too - I bought 21 quarts... :)

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Sure, right after I moved outta San Jose!!! *DOH*!! :(
Dang! You missed the earthquakes, too, right? :)

Is Kragan owned by a corporation with stores in TX?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts