Charger Forums banner

Corsa Exhaust question?

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  BlackRT313 
#1 ·
Corsa Catback Exhaust with Single 3.5" Pro Series Tips - 2005+ Charger, Magnum, & 300C 5.7L Hemi
Part #: COR14177

Compared to stock exhaust, RT R/T, Daytona Exhaust, is the corsa louder? deeper sounding, anyone with this experience please give me some insight please

ill watch videos also, but its hard since the sound just never sounds right over my laptop :(

#2 ·
it's louder at WOT... it was also louder than the SLP2 at WOT...

but it's pretty much stock sounding at start and idle and there's no crazy drone...

when I had my 5.7, I had a corsa system on it... perfect fit and very high quality product

#4 ·
X2. At cruise you won't even notice the change. Step on it and it gets much more agressive.

I had some problems getting the stock tunnel brace back under the car without the exhuast hitting it. Others have had the same probelm. Razors Edge makes a replacement.

#3 ·
I really like the Corsa system. I don't have one but have heard them on both a 5.7 and 6.1
It sounds a little like the euro V8's and of course no drone.

I also want to look into the Billy Boat system. They also claim no drone and I think it might sound a little more throaty like american muscle, but I have not heard it in person yet.

#7 ·
I just put the Corsa exhaust on about a month ago and I love it. At start up and Idle it is not much louder than stock but it sounds great at WOT. I had the Bassani exhaust on for a year before switching to the Corsa. I liked the Bassani sound but the drone on highway driving gave me a headache. With the corsa that annoying drone is gone so it was worth the extra money for me.

#9 ·
simply put Corsa is the best ever! went from the SLP to corsa although the startup of the slp is better the corsa beat in in quality and sound.. and as Pat said at wot it is definatley louder but still no drone :)

video

#10 ·
They also have excellent customer service. One day my neighbor noticed a crack in the X pipe, which was very small and i didnt even know was there - I called Corsa and they said even tho it was unlikey their fault, if i showed clear photographic evidence and a receipt they would replace the X-Pipe, as long as i returned the defective for evaluation.

I went JBA on the SRT8, cause i thought i wanted to hear it more, more often as well (opposed to therir glorified WOT). Anyway, Charger08SRT is dead on. Corsa is actually louder then i think any other system out there. I Still like to hear the JBA at startup and cruising, where the Corsa is unnoticable. But on the Hwy The Droan does get annoying.

In a perfect world i would have Kooks Longtubes, Corsa catback, and e-cutouts...

#11 ·
how are the Bands holding on the exhaust? notice any leaks, anyone just get it wielded, i heard that is the best bet... but im anxious to try it out once i get home so im sure the bands will work fine for awhile

#12 ·
They use Torca clamps im pretty sure it's what they are called. Night and day better then the ones that come with the JBA system.

I still noticed leaks...i have heard good things about high temp silicone around teh connections. I would do that and tack weld, just in case you need to replace something or modify, hi-flows, etc...make it much easier down the road.

#13 · (Edited)
You can see the clamps in this picture from earlier in the thread.

#16 ·
I used the high temp silicone, but haven't had a chance to check for leaks.

As far as welding, Corsa states (from the FAQ page):

Be aware that welding a Corsa system that is designed to be clamped together will void your Corsa Limited Lifetime Warranty. Welding will also prevent you from making adjustments to the system as it “settles” after a few heat cycles.

#21 ·
How does the Corsa system compare to Zoomers and Flowmaster 44's?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.