Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I slapped on a Corsa catback exhaust this weekend. And I have to say, I'm very pleased :D. When I first fired it up, it didn't sound too much louder than my stock Road and Track exhaust, but at WOT it roars! It's a very refined roar though... not ear-bleeding loud, but it lets you know to get out of my way. The performance gains are most impressive. It was like driving a new car! The throttle response is much quicker.

However, I was really surprised about how my cutouts sound now! I've had DMH cutouts for almost a year now. I rarely used them, because even though they were loud, they sounded too sloppy and rattled the hell out of my car. The only time I open them up is when some Scion or something with a stupid spoiler and body kit would pull up next to me and start buzzing like an insect. I made one guy's gf almost jump out of her seat once when I reved it, lol. But now it's like my cutouts have a whole new sound! They even sound a lot cleaner. They are still loud and I still couldn't drive with them open too long on the freeway, but I sure have been running with them open a lot more. So I kinda feel like I have the best of both worlds... no drone at cruise and that old school rumble at idle with the cutouts. I wonder if the crappy cutout sound had anything to do with all the baffling or the connected X-pipe in the stock exhaust.

I also noticed Corsa changed their design. The driver's/passenger's side mufflers are now oval shape instead of cylindrical. Anybody know why they changed it? I'm going to call Corsa tomorrow and ask, but I wanted to see if anyone had any input.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
congrats... I had a corsa exhaust on my old 5.7... do you have a pic of the new muffler design

·
Registered
741 Posts
Congrats on the new catback, You know I seen them I forget what magizine, Corsa is selling just the muffler now as an after market.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the instruction cover sheet, I'll go snap a pic of my mufflers.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO, I like how the cylindrical muffler looks. But if it's redesigned for better performance, I'll stick with the new ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I talked to Corsa tech support today and they said that the new design is for reduced weight. They didn't mention any other performance increases. Just a FYI...

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts