Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.corsaperf.com/5_7_hemi.htm

I have not read about anyone using the Corsa exhaust system... Why?

Is it cost, Reflective sound technology detracts from overall sound capability, pipe diameter, more backpressure, etc...

I want to upgrade my exhaust system... starting with the CAT back piece. I recognize the CAT and headers will also need to be changed to minimize backpressure and/or increase flow...

The Corsa system seems a little pricey but they claim the system sounds slightly different from stock and handles MDS engines better than the rest. The only time you actually hear a noticable difference is wehn you get on it.

I have not seen or heard this system or any other and was hoping that someone had some experience...

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The Corsa Cat Back system is the best, cuz I said so. J/K. It is the best, IMO. I love the sound at WOT and there is no drone to speak of, especially when MDS kicks in. That, in large part, is what made me go with Corsa after being a long-time Borla customer. The Corsa has a very aggressive Hemi growl when you're all over it, but not too loud when you don't want it to be. I love my Corsa.

·
Registered
323 Posts
http://www.corsaperf.com/5_7_hemi.htm

I have not read about anyone using the Corsa exhaust system... Why?

Is it cost, Reflective sound technology detracts from overall sound capability, pipe diameter, more backpressure, etc...

I want to upgrade my exhaust system... starting with the CAT back piece. I recognize the CAT and headers will also need to be changed to minimize backpressure and/or increase flow...

The Corsa system seems a little pricey but they claim the system sounds slightly different from stock and handles MDS engines better than the rest. The only time you actually hear a noticable difference is wehn you get on it.

I have not seen or heard this system or any other and was hoping that someone had some experience...
Corsa is a GREAT product! Great performance, sound and quality!

If you would like to purchase one, here is a link...

Corsa Exhaust CatBack kit: 2005-07 Dodge Charger|Magnum RT / Chrysler 300C w/ 5.7L HEMI

If you have any questions, just give me a call!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It's definitely not the cheapest, but worth every penny, IMO.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I got the Corsa exhaust and I love it. Here is a clip I did not too long ago

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2iBqHJBLkgk

GoMango, also, they are right about the sound as well. Its got a nice rumble when you start it up and in idle. However, WOT, it'll scream. I did a few test flybys on some of the local ricers. They know when I'm coming

·
Registered
325 Posts
Have the Corsa and love it, no regrets.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have also been struggling with this issue. I pour through every post and thread I can find on every forum I am a member and many I am not. I was looking for the best performance with the LEAST amount of drone. I didn’t even care if it was quieter than the stock Daytona system. My only concern is that the new system has the same drone or less than Stock Daytona with better performance.

After going to several car shows and speaking with the people who have everything from stock to Crosa it can get very confusing. So here is what I did, I found the guys who use the car as a daily driver, and who have kids and a wife or a long tern girlfriend. Why did I do this? Simple, if you have kids and a wife, and have to take them on trips not only around town but perhaps long road trips. They won’t tolerate Drone. Daily drivers I talk to because they have to sit in their rigs and even the most diehard person with a lot of drone will admit to having drone, and a lot of people don’t care. Many people with loud exhaust and tons of drone just use the auto stick to stay away from the RPM’s where it can be the worst.

With a bag full of online and face to face testimonials it seems to me that Corsa Exhaust systems are EXACTLY what I am looking for. Awesome power gains and in some case people claim the drone is less than the stock systems.

Don’t let price get in your way IMHO, some of the other systems will have unbelievable WOT and idle sounds but for Drone all I hear about is how great Corsa is, and I myself will be putting one on in about 6 weeks.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I did a lot of research and asked a lot of questions and while most were happy with what they bought, they would've all liked to have the Corsa...

I plan on buying it this winter.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
to my understanding, corsa and zoomers are the best by a long shot as far as drone and resonance in the cabin go. if you have a G to spend on exhaust, then one of these is undoubtedly the best system for you.

the with the borla system coming up next. they have a resonated system and are considered the Mopar exhaust system for our cars.

i admit i am spewing info that ive read, and not personally experienced. however ive probably read more about exhaust than id like to admit in searching for the one i will put on.

personally im down to the borla 125(the 112 is the resonated system) or the jba. (jba because im getting thier headers and cats, and may just get the full package rather than diverting to get the borlas) and at this point im leaning to borla. This is due more to my cash constraint rather than wanting the very best. And to my knowledge, for what you desire.. zoomers or corsa are the only way to go.

edit: forgot to mention that the zoomers system is designed SPECIFICALLY for our cars. as well as the corsa. which is why theyre more expensive. a lot of time went into developing tehse systems. which is why they are more costly. but they are more effective by far, and the quality of materials is top notch.

good luck to you

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anyone on best price?
I checked Tbryne, HHP and SouthernHotRod.
Seems that HHP and Southern have the Corsa Catback for the same price right now.. $1175

http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Detail.bok?no=796 <--- High Horse Performance, Inc.

http://www.southernhotrod.com/store/product.php?productid=16498&cat=343&page=1 <--- Southern HotRod

Both are supporting vendors on this forum, so I think either would be a good place to buy from. Guess it depends on who has cheaper shipping?

There may be other places out there with better deals.. seems the average price for the Corsa Catback is a tad over $1300 normally.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to all for taking time to post your opinions / experience. I was already 99% convinced, but wanted to ask the pros...

·
Registered
326 Posts
I had the Borla 125 on my car for 3 days. Drone was very bad. Pulled it and changed over to the Corsa. It's much better inside the car. It is more costly, but it is well worth it.

Also, the Borla 125 (louder ones) have VERY large tips. Cut the bottom off of a 2 liter bottle and that is about how big they are - for real. I did not like the look of them on my car.

As others have said, Corsa's look good and sound great at full throttle.

Corsa is best in my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts