Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone having problems with their alluminum wheels on their chargers?
I went to wash the car the other day and on 3 of my wheels I found corrosion where the centre cap meets the wheel. This is my third chrysler product in five years and I have had to get the wheels replaced on all of these vehicles after about a year.
Are these wheels junk or could I be at fault? I never use harsh chemicals on them and I keep them really clean and they have never been in the snow or salt.
Any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
I usually just use car wash soap, but I have used a spray on mag wheel cleaner that said it was safe for alluminum(i hated the stuff,soap worked better).

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Also, when do you clean them...because I remember hearing something about cleaning the wheels with any type of chemical regardless of it being harsh or weak chemicals...if you do it when the wheel is hot...it will basically mess up the top surface of the wheel and cause it to degrade with time

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
I spoke to a guy at the meet and greet last month who said he'd already had one replaced by the dealer and they had another on order. Take it in and get some new wheels.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
These wheels are very delicate, well the clear coat is. Anything more aggressive than soap and water and you will have issues

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. Will be making a trip to the dealer soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts