Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...than to **** with me because they are jealous of my car. It's a fairly small town so they see me every few days but they are usually busy ruining someone else's day. Well, today on my way home from work, they finally got a chance to see me coming and just waited for me. He wrote me up for every possible nit-picky violation he could think of for my modifications. Tinted front windows, license plate cover on rear, no front license plate, no red reflector on the rear and sides of my tail lights (that was a new one one me). Dude was strugglin' to find **** to write me up for. I'm surprised he didn't lie and say I was speeding. What an a$$. Isn't there somebody dealing drugs to kids or raping someone that he should be worrying about?

I'm still so pissed, I can't sleep!

:sick:

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
IMO, as a police officer you actually are a magnet...you car is black, with black wheels...dark black tint... black tinted tails...u are what we call a perp mobile...we stop cars like this to see who is behind the wheel and if they have any warrants. Truthfully you will and can get tickets for laws u choose to disobey...I don't know the tint laws in your state but he is just enforcing the law. Only thing you can do it bring ur car up to standards so it wont happen....like u said its a small town they dont have anything else to do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Or you can take to a buddy cop and have them sign it off as fixed. I am assuming these are a Fix-it ticket. Though, it does suk. :halloween

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Or you can take to a buddy cop and have them sign it off as fixed. I am assuming these are a Fix-it ticket. Though, it does suk. :halloween
nope...only the officer issuing the ticket can do this...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have not received a fixit ticket for about 4 years or so, but I had a buddy of mine right it off for me with no problems, mailed it in and wala, no problems. Maybe it's a Cali thing.

·
Registered
331 Posts
nope...only the officer issuing the ticket can do this...
Not true in California. You can get the fix-it ticket(s) signed off by any California Peace officer not just the one that issued the ticket(s).

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yep. MD does it that way too. Any officer can sign it off.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Nevada is the same way. Of course some of them you can fix pretty easily. Remove the license cover, it goes right back on. Order some small red Reflactive concepts decals, even just red squares, and apply anywhere (red HEMI decal for side badge perhaps?") Front plate you may just have to bite a bullet on, and the front tint is illegal is almost every state I think unless you have a doctor's waiver.
A buddy of mine in cali once had an old Belair that he extensively modified. He was pulled over, probably ran his mouth, and ended up with 2,000 in fines and had to return the vehicle to stock (He says there is some law about not changing factory things like lowering it, rims, even the antenae???) I dont know about that but he did say his car was impounded because he never fixed it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its funny when people Mod the car out of the legal limit and then blame someone else . :grin:

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Its funny when people Mod the car out of the legal limit and then blame someone else . :grin:
I guess that's why the vendors that sell these parts put disclaimers on their web sites saying that the mods may be illegal for street use and to check local laws. Might be a good idea before shelling out the big bucks. Of course, just because they may be legal locally doesn't mean you won't get gigged for them if you travel.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've seen more than a few people here say they got pulled over becuase of the cop being jealous of thier car....come on now.....REALLY????? As a cop of over 18 years, I can guarantee that no one is getting pulled over for that reason. Some of the reasons may seem silly and petty, but jealousy of someones car is not the reason. It makes me LOL everytime I read that...serously. Just the fact that someone would really believe that is quite funny.

The bottom line is if anyone makes illegal mods to thier car, regardless of how minor, they are still illegal. If someone make those mods knowing they are illegal, then there is no one to blame but themselves.

Just a thought.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mob, Your car does look great! But sometimes I think they let one or two small things go. The front plate & tint will get you stopped around here all the time. The same thing happened to me years ago. Stopped me for no front plate and they got everything else why they had me.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
You just had an officer that was doing his job. Yeah, at times cops choose to look the other way, then at times, all violations are on the radar (once heard of an officer giving his neighbor a seat belt ticket as the pulled out of the driveway), but hey there is a subjectivity to the objectivity of the law. So basically, you have to take the issues he wrote you up for, turn that frown upside down, and correct them. Sucks for the cool factor, but again, its in the interest of "Public Safety"

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
...than to **** with me because they are jealous of my car. It's a fairly small town so they see me every few days but they are usually busy ruining someone else's day. Well, today on my way home from work, they finally got a chance to see me coming and just waited for me. He wrote me up for every possible nit-picky violation he could think of for my modifications. Tinted front windows, license plate cover on rear, no front license plate, no red reflector on the rear and sides of my tail lights (that was a new one one me). Dude was strugglin' to find **** to write me up for. I'm surprised he didn't lie and say I was speeding. What an a$$. Isn't there somebody dealing drugs to kids or raping someone that he should be worrying about?

I'm still so pissed, I can't sleep!

:sick:
Great! Another cop bashing thread by someone complaining about getting tickets for something illegal. AND it includes the standard "The cop is jealous of my car" statement as well as some **** and some $$! Whoopeeee!

Isn't there somebody dealing drugs to kids or raping someone that he should be worrying about?
Much to your disappointment........ I guess not.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think putting on different CAI's or Catback systems are illegal in some states. I kind of agree, while your car is sweet, it does scream " look at me". Sometimes you get the unwanted kind of attention.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its bad out here in the FF/Suisun area. I had just returned home from a trip out of town and i was driving my wifes armada no plates because its new black w/24's and tint all around. I got pulled over because the offficer wanted to make sure the car wasn't stolen. I'm O.K. with that because I know he is doing us all a service. Black on Black does seem to attract the police, same car visiting colorado officer almost runs over another vehicle to pull me over.I dont believe in advertising for the dealerships so I took off the plates. He pulled me over because they have these huge papers that you have to display showed him I was form Cali and he let me leave with the tip that I would probably be stopped again. Sorry for the long post but we have learn to live with the choices we make, and to our fellow charger bros(officers) cut us some slack and pull over the imports and other less worthy cars out there,.. much respect and thank you for doing your job!!!:)

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Hehehehe - hysterical thread..... :grin:

1 - 20 of 218 Posts