Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to the track last week a ran the car 4 times. At my home town track they dont give out tickets, the only thing I have are the ET and RT.

First Run.
Car Temp. 185 degrees. ET. 13.65 after cooling the car for 30 minutes with ice.

Second Run
Car Temp. 185 degrees. ET. 13.64 did not cool the car down. I went across the entire roadtrack and cooled the car that way.

Third Run.
Car Temp. 155 degress. ET. 13.34 afer cooling the car down with ice for close to an hour.

Fourth Run.
Car Temp. 206 degrees. ET 13.94 afer cooling the car down for 30 minutes with out the ice... There was a 15 minutes line at the track. I turned the engine of and on in beween reces at the line, but it did not help much.

It’s clear that the engine temp is extremely important, I already have the 180 Tstat, and I am waiting on the Diablo predator toner. I was thinking on buying the coolit mod, but I heard that the predator will have a fan option, is this true or should I go with the Coolit mod?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Carlos,

I just use it in between runs, then pop the relay back in before closing the hood ... I've been throwing 2 or 3 bags of ice on a large towel over the intake (to catch any water) and running the fan in between runs ... I find if I can get the water temp down to 150 or so the car performs much better ...

Kenny

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Cherry, thanks for the advice, I got one more question about the 25 cent mod... Should I use this mod only in between runs? Or do I keep it on at all times while at the track?
Carlos,

Once I get to the track I put the .25 cent mod in and let it stay there MOST of the day. I do check every 30 minutes the engine temp and once it gets to 136 degrees I pull the jumper. Before I start the motor again I put the jumper back in it's place.

The goal is to be around 140-150 degrees at THE STARTING LINE....
That is where you will get your best ET & MPH.

Chuck
:tongue:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Carlos,

Once I get to the track I put the .25 cent mod in and let it stay there MOST of the day. I do check every 30 minutes the engine temp and once it gets to 136 degrees I pull the jumper. Before I start the motor again I put the jumper back in it's place.

Chuck

You pull your .25 cent fan mod out? I go to the track and put it in and don't take it out till I leave.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Carlos,

Chuck
Cherry,

How is your battery holding up? have you had any problems with it?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Cherry,

How is your battery holding up? have you had any problems with it?

Thanks
I put my fan mod in as soon as I get to the track, and don't take it out till I leave 7 hours later. I haven't had a battery go dead on me yet. :grin:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
You pull your .25 cent fan mod out? I go to the track and put it in and don't take it out till I leave.
What size gauge wire do you use...I've had mine in most of the time at the track and it gets pretty warm, even hot at times...so i usually pull it out too for awhile then put it back in when cooled down.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I to put the .25 cent fan mod in as soon as i get to the track and leave it on all day. I only take it out if the engine temp gets to cool, which has happened if the wait between run is extended for somw reason. My RT seems to put out her best HP at between 140 - 150 oil temp.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well guys, my car did great yesterday... What I try to do, in order for the car to perform its best, is wait around 45 minutes in between races. I open the hood up and cool down the inteke with ice. Before the 25 cent mod my car would only cool down to around 170. Yesterday the car was around 135 when I started the engine up; by the starting line, the temp would be between 145 and 155. My times, before this mod, were usually around 13.55 more or less.

I raced 4 times yesterday. I was able to break my best ET with a 13.311. My other times were 13.34, 13.38 and 13.42. The 13.42 was the worst time and that was because I raced the car for a second time with out cooling it down. I can say that, of all the mods I’ve done to my car, this one has made the biggest difference at the track.

The DA was around 4050, that’s about the same we’ve had for the past month.

My mods are 180 Tstat, AIRAID CAI with scoop, CORSA exhaust and the .25 cent mod…

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Well guys, my car did great yesterday... What I try to do, in order for the car to perform its best, is wait around 45 minutes in between races. I open the hood up and cool down the inteke with ice. Before the 25 cent mod my car would only cool down to around 170. Yesterday the car was around 135 when I started the engine up; by the starting line, the temp would be between 145 and 155. My times, before this mod, were usually around 13.55 more or less.

I raced 4 times yesterday. I was able to break my best ET with a 13.311. My other times were 13.34, 13.38 and 13.42. The 13.42 was the worst time and that was because I raced the car for a second time with out cooling it down. I can say that, of all the mods I’ve done to my car, this one has made the biggest difference at the track.

The DA was around 4050, that’s about the same we’ve had for the past month.

My mods are 180 Tstat, AIRAID CAI with scoop, CORSA exhaust and the .25 cent mod…
See for .25 cent how much difference it makes ????
Are you adjusting your tire pressures and then checking them after each run ?
I know you can get a 13.15 even in your high air.

Good Luck
Chuck

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
OK... here is the vid from last week... don't expect to understand what we are saying since we are speaking Spanish :lol: .... In the video you will see 4 of 5 races, don't remember how many. Part of the video is of my EVIC and my best 0-60 time and the top speed from 3 days before. My car only appears in the first and last races (at 7:30 min of the video)... I don't think I have a big problem with my tires spinning also check out the sweet growl of my corsa exhaust...

Next week we will go to a track, that’s about an hour drive from my house, that gives out tickets after each race, so I'll finally have tickets to post :lol: ... Hopefully I'll be able to have my car tuned with the predator by then. I'll post the results and video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43_Cs9uvIVM

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.