Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
i recently posted in the thread "transmission leak" about finding a puddle of red fluid under my car, well the floor was dusty so the fluid appeared darker than it was.
anyways i imediatley assumed it was a tranny leak, so i called a tow truck and took her immediatley to the dealer.. anyways they raise the car and the tranny is clean??!!:confused: but theirs some of the red liquid dripping from the bottom plastic engine sheild. WTF its a light red liquid and it doesnt feel like tranny oil.. fudge its coolant!!!!
i had popped the hood before i called the tow truck and the engine bay was clean and no sign of any spilage.

at the dealer all the lines were checked and nothing loose they pressure tested the coolant system and everything was fine.

consensous was that the car was overfilled with coolant and then after a full days driving the car had enough and due to the heat and just spilled/ released the excess coolant out!

Anyone else had such a thing happen?
well anyways i guess its a good lesson for anyone to just always take a look at the coolant levels just to be sure that its not over or under filled.

Reactions: Sarah Jackson

·
Registered
879 Posts
I don't know how it would work out that the coolant system just releases coolant. It might have a pressure limit release valve, but I haven't heard of one. The coolant is in a closed system, so unless something is open/leaking how did coolant get out?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know how it would work out that the coolant system just releases coolant. It might have a pressure limit release valve, but I haven't heard of one. The coolant is in a closed system, so unless something is open/leaking how did coolant get out?
this is the weirdest bit!, the guys at the dealer suspected the cap coz the sticker around the cap had some white residue.. so they replaced the cap as well just to be sure.

·
Registered
575 Posts
It's actually a common problem that the radiator cap is bad. Replacing it will likely solve the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I work for a local PD agency as a Tech and we have 8 Chargers (06) in the fleet. We has 4 of them with a similar concern. It seems Dodge or the maker of the radiator left a bunch of soldering flux in the cooling system from the factory and the seems of the radiators were leaking at times. They had to flush the entire system and repl the radiator cooling module after Dodge engineers came down to look at the problem.....look for stains around the seams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts