Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally got around to taking her in to do the coolant gunk tsb. As we speak they are doing it. Service guy at HB dodge says its gonna take most of the day since they are busy on saturdays. Hope it turns out good! Stay tuned...

:>

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
They didn't hassle you? Threads down in the SRT forums with guys getting told to go to selling dealer, etc.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OTAY! I kept calling all day to HB Dodge. I hate being 1 min away from my baby. I was depressed all damn day! I stayed home and tapped my foot, tried to take naps but to no avail I was missing her. Finally at 230PM i called yet again and service mgr told me she was ready! I got a shuttle to pick me up and there she was in the main driveway all happy. I drove her home like I stole her the way she likes it! :) I inspected the coolant reservoir and its brand new nice reddish coolant brand new. YAY :)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
My dealership called me last week and now it is a recall number.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys dont forget to take 3 gallons of distilled water if you do it.
I dont know the number to the tsb.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
It is not an issued TSB. It is issued as a Rapid Response. Here is the info., you can print out the pdf file below and take into the dealership with you.

RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL/SERVICE ACTION #07-02

DATE: AUGUST 2, 2007

TO: ALL CHRYSLER AND DODGE DEALERS

SUBJECT: ENGINE COOLANT CHECK ON 3.5L AND 6.1L ENGINES

SYMPTOM/CONDITION: THE COOLING SYSTEM ON THE ABOVE MENTIONED VEHICLES MAY BREAK DOWN

INVOLVED VEHICLES: 2006 – 2007 (LX) 300/MAGNUM/CHARGER

NOTE: THIS SERVICE ACTION AFFECTS BOTH SOLD AND UNSOLD VEHICLES

REPAIR: THE TECHNICIAN WILL INSPECT THE COOLANT AND PERFORM ONE OF 3 POSSIBLE REPAIRS:

1. INSPECT COOLING SYSTEM AND INSTALL ADDITIVE

2. INSPECT COOLING SYSTEM, FLUSH COOLING SYSTEM, REPLACE COOLANT AND INSTALL ADDITIVE

3. INSPECT COOLING SYSTEM, FLUSH COOLING SYSTEM, CLEAN OR REPLACE COOLANT RECOVERY BOTTLE, REPLACE COOLANT AND INSTALL ADDITIVE

PDF FILE ATTACHED:

Attached Files
Rapid_Response_07026.pdf (23.8 KB, 132 views)

Here is my Super Bee after taking it in last week.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Had mine done last week also ... there was some build up in the tank before they changed it all...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Took mine to the dealer today with the TSB or whatever it is called in hand. The Service manager didn't know anything about it, glanced at it, typed on the computer, and said my VIN was not on the hit list. She turned me away without so much as a thanks for filling her in on this problem.:( :(

·
Registered
287 Posts
would this be coolant gunk?

I took it in with the rapid response printout last week and the said they saw nothing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
would this be coolant gunk?

I took it in with the rapid response printout last week and the said they saw nothing.
You will know if you have the coolant gunk build up problem, by simply looking at the coolant box. Here is a picture of my 300SRT, to show you what your coolant box should look like, with the gunk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts