Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's where I am at. Already drained the radiator (flushed and ran through with distilled water about 3 times) and the water is virtually clear. While cold, I added the Zerex G05 coolant to the reservoir and only allowed 2 quarts to get the MAX COLD line. I am aware that there is still a good bit of "water" left in the block, so I am trying to get the mixture accurate. I let the car start and get to normal operating temp with the heater on and of course it hit that mark quick. Don't want to have the car blow up on me later down the line so I am assuming just let it cool and add a 50/50 mix of the coolant with water?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
So here's where I am at. Already drained the radiator (flushed and ran through with distilled water about 3 times) and the water is virtually clear. While cold, I added the Zerex G05 coolant to the reservoir and only allowed 2 quarts to get the MAX COLD line. I am aware that there is still a good bit of "water" left in the block, so I am trying to get the mixture accurate. I let the car start and get to normal operating temp with the heater on and of course it hit that mark quick. Don't want to have the car blow up on me later down the line so I am assuming just let it cool and add a 50/50 mix of the coolant with water?

Thanks!
I did this last fall and it worked pretty good. I never had to go back and add any coolant......

After draining, filling with water, draining, filling, draining........I unbolted the thermostat goose neck from the front of the engine. I removed the thermostat and stuck A modified funnel I made that would attach to the gooseneck and allow me to hang it from under the hood with some bailing wire. I poured the 50/50 coolant into the funnel until coolant started running out of the thermostat housing. I poured about a half gallon extra to make sure I got most of the old residue out of the block. Then I installed a NEW thermostat and bolted the gooseneck back on (of course, I tested the new stat first).

Before finishing I removed the reservoir tank, cleaned it out, reinstalled it and filled it to the low indicator mark. A year later it still reads where I filled it.

·
Vendor
10,370 Posts
The QuantumBlue HP Gold Coolant we make has NO Silicates...so no sodium silicates, sodium benzoate and no sodium tetraborate like regular coolants and is not low silicate like G05. Also it has better lubricating properties.

Anyway, here is the flush proceedure:

HP Gold is a 5 year and 150k mile coolant that exceeds IAT, OAT, and HOAT.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have updated the thread. I actually got this squared away a while ago. Thanks for the insight though. @370 HEMI, is that from the LX Service manual?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts