Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried to attach the pic, but it won't upload, sorry. Go to www.moparsupercenter.com on the left click on Charger 2006 , then click on the + aftermarket , it's MC2's wheel RT19. Looks killer IMHO. Mike :)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, I found out you can buy the wheels without tires. $1795.00 shipped. Thats $450 each, not great, but not bad considering it's looks, 20" and chrome. Regards! Mike

·
Registered
630 Posts
mmaloy said:
I tried to attach the pic, but it won't upload, sorry. Go to www.moparsupercenter.com on the left click on Charger 2006 , then click on the + aftermarket , it's MC2's wheel RT19. Looks killer IMHO. Mike :)
Folks if you are using Mozilla Firefox the link will not produce the aftermarket output. I was able to finally see this by using IE.

As for the wheels. Looked at all four of the MCRT models and would agree that the RT19's are the best looking of the bunch. But I just cannot get over the $2295 price tag ($573.95 per) JUST for the wheels alone. Maybe I am stuck in a timewarp, but I remember buying S/S Cragers for my old '69 Charger and paying less than $50 per. Yes those were '77-'79 dollars, so I would expect the same to go for $100-150 per... but over $500 per then $250-$500 per for tires on top of that??? Whoa Nelly!! We're talk'n 3, 4, maybe even $5K for wheels and tires... just for some big chrome and skinny rubber.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, I'm trying to balance budget vs. quality...I'm probably going to go ahead and order ASA ST3 18 inch wheels ($200 per) and 245/55/18 BFGoodrich g-Force KDWS tires ($130 per)...$1320 but gives me a noticable boost in performance and looks for my SE.

·
Registered
630 Posts
$1320.. these days I would consider that reasonable. I would think that $250-$400 per paw for both wheels and tires a decent mod which as you said would give you the noticable looks. Boost in performance, maybe a little.

I was reading the speed ratings. Excuse me, but H's are fine for me. If I were doing more than 130 on ANY road or highway here in the US, they SHOULD pull me over and lock me up. Our roads (except maybe a few brand new concrete stretchs here and there) are not made to sustain speeds greater than that (they are not the autobahn guys).

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm not upgrading the tire just for the speed rating, I don't really like the Goodyear Integrity's that came with my SE (and I believe SXT's too?)...they squeel everytime I break and I don't trust them on sharp turns.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ChargerSXT said:
My SXT came with Continentals...but then again I did upgrade to the 18" R/T style wheels. :happy:
How do you like those continentals? I've heard some pretty unflattering opinions on them...

·
Registered
7 Posts
CO-Charger said:
Folks if you are using Mozilla Firefox the link will not produce the aftermarket output. I was able to finally see this by using IE.

As for the wheels. Looked at all four of the MCRT models and would agree that the RT19's are the best looking of the bunch. But I just cannot get over the $2295 price tag ($573.95 per) JUST for the wheels alone. Maybe I am stuck in a timewarp, but I remember buying S/S Cragers for my old '69 Charger and paying less than $50 per. Yes those were '77-'79 dollars, so I would expect the same to go for $100-150 per... but over $500 per then $250-$500 per for tires on top of that??? Whoa Nelly!! We're talk'n 3, 4, maybe even $5K for wheels and tires... just for some big chrome and skinny rubber.
Look again, I'm pretty sure the $2295 price includes the tires which were 255 45 20's.

Eric

·
Registered
630 Posts
ApexCharger said:
Look again, I'm pretty sure the $2295 price includes the tires which were 255 45 20's.
My Bad!

From the site:
RT19 20" Package includes: 20x8.5 MC2 Chrome Wheels mounted and balanced on 255/45R20 Performance Tires.

... blah, blah, blah ...

The package of four (4) wheels, four (4) High Performance Tires, and a set of theft deterrent lug nuts are included.
Still a little steep for me, but not as outragious as I first thought. I have seen some rims going for 800+ per wheel though... EEOUCHIE!!

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
R33T said:
How do you like those continentals? I've heard some pretty unflattering opinions on them...
So far, so good (just over 900 miles so far). They have a pretty smooth ride and good handling in both wet and dry conditions. I'm curious as to the type of milage that they get.

I have to say that I'm by no means and "expert" when it comes to evaluating car tires. The only cars I have to compare the tires/ride quality of my Charger to are my wife's 02 Mercury Mountaineer and my old 94 Chevy S-10 Blazer (which bounced around like a cork in a bath tub). Also, I have more experience with 2 wheels vice 4. And it is MUCH easier to evaluate tires on a motorcycle than it is a car since motorcycles are typically set up to give more feedback to the rider through the tires/suspension than a car is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts