Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this morning here is Southern Maryland it was a crisp 40 degrees around 5:30am when I backed the beast out of its climated controlled nest. I wanted to ask everyone how thieir traction has been with the cooler weather and ground to say the least? When I pulled out on to the main road I broke em loose in first, second and third and that was with ESP enabled! I mean it was cool for a second then I realized I need to be a heck of a lot more careful out there now with the cooler tires, ground and all the other winter variables. From a safety standpoint I wanted to see what everyone thought? Is your SRT8 letting loose a lot more with the cool weather?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Last night I went out for a spin here in NC. It was about 45-50 degrees out. My car ran like a whole different beast. Definatly have to be a little more careful at WOT. Actually scared myselft a little but I was still smiling ear to ear.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Even in my R/T, I've noticed since the Predator that ESP is a LOT less effective. There's been many times I've looked to make sure it was enabled. Especially when it's wet (and quite a bit colder lately too), I'm spinning my tires a lot - from take off of course, but I even smoked 'em punching it at 45MPH.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Predator + Cold Weather = OMG

I think I must have defective tires whenever I leave a stop light or stop sign for some strange reason I look into my rear view now and see 2 black strips about 1ft wide, length seems to vary and they are smoldering???? I cant seem to put my heavy foot down on what might be causing this??? anyone have any Ideas:lol:

·
Banned
206 Posts
With the drag radials, I pulled a 3.46 0-60 last night and it was around 44 degrees out. They work great when you heat them up!

Next time out I'm expecting 12.2's with just the drag radials and the tune.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the drag radials, I pulled a 3.46 0-60 last night and it was around 44 degrees out. They work great when you heat them up!

Next time out I'm expecting 12.2's with just the drag radials and the tune.
Wow your as fast or maybe faster then the new 600 HP Viper in the 0-60 arena , that's absolutely amazing, how do you do it?

·
Banned
206 Posts
Dead hooking vs not hooking at all. Think of a 1.7 60ft compared to a 2.0+.

Extend the race to say 80 or 100 MPH and the new Viper would blow right on by me.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dead hooking vs not hooking at all. Think of a 1.7 60ft compared to a 2.0+.

Extend the race to say 80 or 100 MPH and the new Viper would blow right on by me.
Awesome man.....keep us posted on your progress. I'm tooling with getting a set of those 17 inch rims and DRs you posted as I watch your progress.....sweeeeeett!!!!!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Awesome man.....keep us posted on your progress. I'm tooling with getting a set of those 17 inch rims and DRs you posted as I watch your progress.....sweeeeeett!!!!!
I am in the mountains and was wondering how the Predator will work in cold weather. Does the ESP still work?

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I am in the mountains and was wondering how the Predator will work in cold weather. Does the ESP still work?
My opinion is ESP does not work like it did last winter with my OEM tune. With the cooler weather I'm sliding around more....maybe I'll get used to it....but there is a differance. I'm planning a trip to Philly then to Hoboken....with the fam....I plan to put my stock OEM tune back in for the drive to calm things down a bit......

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
My opinion is ESP does not work like it did last winter with my OEM tune. With the cooler weather I'm sliding around more....maybe I'll get used to it....but there is a differance. I'm planning a trip to Philly then to Hoboken....with the fam....I plan to put my stock OEM tune for the drive to calm things down a bit......
ya, i think that a detune to 425 hp should make it a little less squirelly! hah i kid i kid! :grin:

·
Banned
206 Posts
My opinion is ESP does not work like it did last winter with my OEM tune. With the cooler weather I'm sliding around more....maybe I'll get used to it....but there is a differance. I'm planning a trip to Philly then to Hoboken....with the fam....I plan to put my stock OEM tune back in for the drive to calm things down a bit......
I noticed the same exact thing. I don't think there's any doubt that the ESP is "desensitized" in the canned tunes.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I noticed the same exact thing. I don't think there's any doubt that the ESP is "desensitized" in the canned tunes.
I'm thinking maybe one of the Diablo guys could tell us what they really did with the ESP.....quite frankly it bothers me somewhat...last night coming back from soccer I stepped on it when I jumped on the highway to get around some knucklehead and lost the back end some what with my precious cargo (my son) and DID NOT LIKE IT........I may need to resort to my OEM tune and load up the Canned Tune for when its rally time..............with the roads cooler now I think the ESP makes sense over having to constantly think about traction when a computer can do it for ya...........my opionion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts