Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would my dodge dealer be able to convert my 07 Charger SXT to have a steering column shifter like that in the police package?

I've got a substantial amount of 2 way radio gear I want to mount inside my charger, and some of the police package mounting systems available would be PERFECT - but the damned center shifter gets in the way!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I imagine it can be done if your wallet is thick enough. I'd be surprised if a dealer would do it, though, because of the liability.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If they did it, wouldn't you lose the Auto-stick feature?

·
Registered
686 Posts
If they did it, wouldn't you lose the Auto-stick feature?
Nope the police chargers have auto stick on the column shifter . It should be do-able. The cop shifter is just bolted to the steering column . If you can order the part you may just have to bolt the shifter to your steering column if the bolt holes are there or you may have to change the entire column to the police unit .

·
Registered
93 Posts
This will be interesting to hear the outcome..

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
The shifter in the charger police cars looks awkward. IMO, they ruin the interior look of the car.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The shifter in the charger police cars looks awkward. IMO, they ruin the interior look of the car.
sometimes function is more important than form and it wont look like a chopped up cheaply done mod if the factory parts are ordered

·
Registered
686 Posts
It actually comes out of the dash...
Yes it does but if you pulled back that cover on the dash you would see its bolted the the steering column .

·
Registered
144 Posts
You will also loose the ability to telescope the steering wheel. At least that's the reason I believe mine won't telescope, it only tilts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts