Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, probably not a popular topic but... I want to lose my HID projectors and get a set of halogen,drl,sequential turn non hid lights.
Is there a coding process which differentiates between the 2 different systems? What would it take to go back to prehistoric style of lighting??

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Youd lose a lot of light output doing that. Jw why would you want to downgrade?

·
Registered
206 Posts
You don't want to downgrade on a piece of equipment critical for best nighttime vision. If it's sequential signals and other effects you're after, buy another set of OEM headlamps for HID, mod those, and then do the swap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Must be my car then because the current oem ones outright SUCK!!!!
My 04 Ram halogens are MUCH brighter with a better throw.

Doing the ye olde measure height on garage door they are adjusred correctly.
The lenses have very minor pitting but no hazing or cloudiness.
Trust me..i like lighting.. my 2018 Freightliner Cascadia LED lights rock..

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Yes the Charger projectors are eh. I just upgrade to these and def brighter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes the Charger projectors are eh. I just upgrade to these and def brighter.

I admit I am disappointed with the lighting from my 2012 HIDs, I didn’t know these existed. 13Daytona, I’m interested in these but do you get people flashing brights at you? It sounds like they are more than 2x brighter.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I admit I am disappointed with the lighting from my 2012 HIDs, I didn’t know these existed. 13Daytona, I’m interested in these but do you get people flashing brights at you? It sounds like they are more than 2x brighter.
Nope. The projector cutoff line is still factory. I’m quite happy with this plus they look great. No more yellowish look.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm really jealous of the LED headlamps in my wife's Buick. Holy smokes those things put down a lot of light.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts