Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First post here and I recently moved back home to Sweden, Europe after spent a couple of years in the US. I brought my Charger R/T 2012 to Sweden and have some trobles getting it legal here. The main concern is that they don't accept my Xenon lights since there is no level adjustment if the car is heavily loaded. The easiest way might be to convert it to Halogen head lights but I'm not sure if these will fit without changing connectors etc.? Anyone that have some experience in this?

Thanks
Peter

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi,

First post here and I recently moved back home to Sweden, Europe after spent a couple of years in the US. I brought my Charger R/T 2012 to Sweden and have some trobles getting it legal here. The main concern is that they don't accept my Xenon lights since there is no level adjustment if the car is heavily loaded. The easiest way might be to convert it to Halogen head lights but I'm not sure if these will fit without changing connectors etc.? Anyone that have some experience in this?

Thanks
Peter
Welcome!
You could always get some cheap aftermarket halogen headlights that fit your car and swap them out with the Xenons again when you get the car registered in the US.

Reactions: Blownharley

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
You should be able to adjust the lights up or down as much as you want with the adjustment screw. I'm assuming you have tried this?

Why is it many of the European countries and other countries overseas consider xenon lights illegal? They designed some of the first and best projector/xenon light combinations!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers! I will probably buy some cheap aftermarket halogen lights and use them for the car inspection only. Regarding the adjustment of the lights, they demand a automatic adjustment since the xenon lights are so much mor powerful. The explanation i got was that they can accept 2 seat cars like the Viper or Corvette without automatic height adjustment of the headlights. This is because its unlikely that they will be heavily loaded with stuff in the rear.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Thanks for the answers! I will probably buy some cheap aftermarket halogen lights and use them for the car inspection only. Regarding the adjustment of the lights, they demand a automatic adjustment since the xenon lights are so much mor powerful. The explanation i got was that they can accept 2 seat cars like the Viper or Corvette without automatic height adjustment of the headlights. This is because its unlikely that they will be heavily loaded with stuff in the rear.

Interesting. Doesn't your 2012 RT have the load leveling suspension? Load leveling suspension in theory would make their point of heavy stuff in the trunk moot.

Reactions: Blownharley
1 - 5 of 5 Posts