Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to dig this up during a Google search this morning:

http://www.wheels.com/fleet/reference/assembly/html/assembly_lines.asp

It looks like if you have ordered the Convenience Group II package on your Charger R/T, it is on hold until October 1 (something to do with the express up/down feature on the power windows). Just thought I'd pass this along. :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thanks for the update bluefin :)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Bluefin74 said:
Just thought I'd pass this along. :)
Appreciate the info Blue. I have contacted my Dodge dealer and asked their Order Processor about this info. He is taking a look and will let me know if my Charger SRT-8 order is effected.

Thanks man!

·
Registered
125 Posts
That looks like all R/T and bigger chargers are on hold. The last line is just for the convenience group II, it's all of the express power windows and I think the driver window on the R/T is standard with the one touch down feature. So, we'll see if they start kicking them out again next Saturday. :(

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Please note: When I spoke to my dealer's Order Processor, he pointed out the that url had "fleet" in it. He said that fleets (rentals, etc.) are effected first, not individual customer orders.

He said his online system showed only a stop for Protection Pkg on the Charger. He was going to check into it, but wouldn't have an answer until Tuesday. Will let you know what he says... but he seemed pretty sure that this link was only for fleet status and not consumer.

What has me worried is the Magnum entry. Perm hold for rear DVD etain system??? My SRT-8 has that and I'm going to be pissed off if a f'n DVD player holds up the build on my car. :mad:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I doubt that the Charger R/T is being sold as a "fleet" vehicle. Perhaps for the new police-model Charger, but even there I am not sure. I would bet that most of the R/T models sold are for private owners. I imagine the SE and SXT Chargers are the fleet vehicles (and they have different body codes than the Charger R/T as well).

The production hold listed on that site sort of makes sense, because I have the Convenience Group II package, and I've been sitting in standby for the last 4 weeks (made it to D2 then dropped back to D1). The SRT8 has a different body code from the Charger R/T, so likely it is not effected by this (nothing is listed for the SRT8).

So I guess we'll know soon enough if that site has valuable information or not. I am not expecting to hear any progress on my car until 10/1 (or later). I have my fingers crossed, anyhow! :happy:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Bluefin74 said:
Perhaps for the new police-model Charger
Possibly... I heard talk of a large order of the R/T placed for police/troopers.

I really hope you're right about the SRT-8 not being listed. I thought most of the body/interior/options stuff was pretty much the same (or close the R&T option available for the R/T)

Anyone know if the R&T option has held up R/T orders?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like the information was accurate regarding the Convenience Group option on the R/T. I just went to D2 status again today, so hopefully that means my car will be built this weekend. I've got my fingers crossed, but this is good news for anyone with that option on an R/T that they've ordered. :)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Bluefin74 said:
I managed to dig this up during a Google search this morning:

http://www.wheels.com/fleet/reference/assembly/html/assembly_lines.asp

It looks like if you have ordered the Convenience Group II package on your Charger R/T, it is on hold until October 1 (something to do with the express up/down feature on the power windows). Just thought I'd pass this along. :)
Thanks for the link!

I wonder - there was discussion a while back that the drivers windows goes DOWN automatically, but not UP. But, it's also saying now "express up/down". I wonder if the hold was new parts for the UP part of the feature, and now they're built the way the feature is listed.

The discussion from before led to that lawyers stopped the auto up thing probably, but I think they're built like garage doors now, and will stop and reverse if there's an obstruction. I know other manufacturers are making auto-UP no problem (Honda for one, our Accord does auto-UP).

·
Registered
42 Posts
If anyone is still interesed in this isuue I think I can give you some info.

The convinience group was on hold because they were adding auto windows to I believe both front driver and passenger windows with the express feature and in order to do this the door harness had to be changed and i believe the body harness had to be changed. The hold up, I think,was the body harness.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
YETI said:
If anyone is still interesed in this isuue I think I can give you some info.

The convinience group was on hold because they were adding auto windows to I believe both front driver and passenger windows with the express feature and in order to do this the door harness had to be changed and i believe the body harness had to be changed. The hold up, I think,was the body harness.
Thanks for the update! I'm very interested!

And, Bluefin74, I'm watching your status anytime I can, since you ordered about 2 weeks ahead of me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just picked her up on Tuesday. So far, the car has been everything I hoped it would be and then some. I am still getting used to it, as it is quite a bit different than my old Intrepid, but it looks and rides great. She jumps up to 50 without even a hint of effort. And I am really happy with the sound quality from the Sound Group II system. You will love it once you get it, trust me! :)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Bluefin74 said:
Just picked her up on Tuesday. So far, the car has been everything I hoped it would be and then some. I am still getting used to it, as it is quite a bit different than my old Intrepid, but it looks and rides great. She jumps up to 50 without even a hint of effort. And I am really happy with the sound quality from the Sound Group II system. You will love it once you get it, trust me! :)
Oh, I missed that! Alright, glad you like it, and that means I should be seeing mine anytime now! I just got the update from Autorail yesterday, no status change for mine.

Thanks for the feedback! "Everything I hoped and then some" is sounding pretty darn good to me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts