Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at these to replace the factory Firestones on my 2013 SXT (RWD)

I've used these tires before on other cars, and have been very pleased with them. Has anyone tried them out on a Charger?

Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I'm not sure if this will help you much because it's a different tire type... But the 2008 18 inch wheels came factory with the continental contipro contact tires and they were absolute junk for me, they lasted 30k miles down to the wear lines and had terrible snow/rain grip even when new. After that experience I will never buy continental tires. IMHO I think Bridgestone and Michelin make some of the most potent tires for all season driving.

My father had a 2008 avenger that he put 70k miles on in 18 months before he returned it to get his next corporate lease and I remember him showing me how even at 70k miles, the Bridgestone azenzies? Azenith? Something like that... But they still had plenty of tread on them to go at least another 15-20k based on the rate they were wearing at.

Chrysler uses Michelins on their 18 inch Chargers and Challengers now, which was a wise choice.

Again I don't if this will be any help to you at all, because I spoke for the specific continentals I had... not the ones you are looking at.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
248 Posts
The tough part here is: balancing tread life with grip.
If you go too soft on the compound you burn them out too quick. If you go too hard, you loose traction. Look for high tread wear ratings >500
440 or lower; won't last long.

I'm not sure if this will help you much because it's a different tire type... But the 2008 18 inch wheels came factory with the continental contipro contact tires and they were absolute junk for me, they lasted 30k miles down to the wear lines and had terrible snow/rain grip even when new. After that experience I will never buy continental tires. IMHO I think Bridgestone and Michelin make some of the most potent tires for all season driving.

My father had a 2008 avenger that he put 70k miles on in 18 months before he returned it to get his next corporate lease and I remember him showing me how even at 70k miles, the Bridgestone azenzies? Azenith? Something like that... But they still had plenty of tread on them to go at least another 15-20k based on the rate they were wearing at.

Chrysler uses Michelins on their 18 inch Chargers and Challengers now, which was a wise choice.

Again I don't if this will be any help to you at all, because I spoke for the specific continentals I had... not the ones you are looking at.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had the DWS on the front and DW on the rear of my old Mustang and then used snow tires on the rear in winter. They were the best set of tires I've ever owned. The wet grip was amazing when newer and still not bad when they got older. Dry grip and handling were great. They were a HUGE improvement over the Pirelli Pzero Nero.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts