Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about different mods for the future, and considering lowering my 14 R/T. Not something I would be doing this month or anything, but I was looking to get some feedback. Is this possible to do? I was reading where it can screw with some other things in the car. What would I need and what would this cost?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mopar has blue lowering springs which drop the height a little bit without having to replace other parts. You can also replace the whole suspension with the SRT Bilsten ones. If you want to go one step further, there are coilover kits where you can adjust the height and other things. Coilovers will run you around $1000 + install.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
What he said. The more you spend the better quality and also control of the drop. I have Mopar Stage 1 lowering springs. I absolutely like them. Lowered but didnt compromise ride quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,912 Posts

D*mn....

Are these the wheels you have?: http://www.factoryreproductions.com/factory/pc/viewcategories.asp?idcategory=16
Wonder how much each one weighs..

I've been contemplating coilovers myself but keep wondering if lowering springs are sufficient for my needs of around an inch drop.

Speedlogix has Mopar stage 1, H&R and Eibach kits...hard to decide lol.

Someone once told me that running springs reduces the lifetime of other suspension components as they are operating above their defined parameters - is this true or all BS?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info guys, and thanks for the link powerman. So it sounds like if i do the springs i also need to do the shocks. So this is going to be a pretty spendy mod then:-\. Well, maybe it's something for the more distant future in that case....

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your cars look great guys, maybe one day for me....

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've been wanting to lower my car for a while now.
Where can you get 2nd gen Mopar lowering springs for the V6?
I'm afraid that bumps will wreck the front bumper if I lower it D:

·
Registered
298 Posts
BC coilovers work for me. I can adjust the ride stiffness and height...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts